lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-12-2016, 07:03 PM   #1
rwbull
Not Yet Wild

Default Full throttle

I am working on a 1988 EZGO 2pg. I have no throttle control. It is wide open right from the start. Could this be a carb problem or is there anything else that could cause this?
rwbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-12-2016, 07:43 PM   #2
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Full throttle

The carburetor is spring loaded wide open. The throttle cable pulls it shut.

As you step on the pedal, the cable should get longer, and slide through a slot on the throttle lever. This allows the carburetor to open on its own.

A spring on the pedal lifts it up, and also pulls the cable shorter to the off position.

Go to the 5th post of this thread. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-e...t-go-slow.html

There are pictures of my 87 throttle.
Your 88 is a Mikuni BV-24. Mine is a BV-18. Your choke cable will connect slightly differently from mine.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 08:20 AM   #3
rwbull
Not Yet Wild

It is apparently hooked up correctly. I ordered a new carb. I will advise when I get it put on. I am confused though as to why there is a different carb on the '88 when they are all 2pg's on earlier models.
Old 04-13-2016, 05:11 PM   #4
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

The 88 has a bigger carb, and a different muffler for more power.

Did you look through the venturi to make sure your throttle plate is still in there?

If it's hooked up right, you should have throttle response.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 10:56 AM   #5
rwbull
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the help with the carb info. After looking at the carb I did not believe I had any issues with the carb. Just to make sure I ordered a new one. Same issue cart goes full bore. I started checking belt and found the drive belt to be the wrong one. However it is only 1/4 " to short. I do not think 1/4" would change things that much. Could the drive clutch be the problem? I will be checking it out next but any thought would be appreciated.
Old 04-16-2016, 11:47 AM   #6
rwbull
Not Yet Wild

I should have waited before I posted the above thread. This cart was given to me. He had put a new fuel pump on it. After looking and thinking (the best I could) I said this is a fuel problem. I partially crimped off the fuel line to the carb and it now has throttle response! Fuel pumps are the same from 82-88 and changed in 89. Can't seem to find out what the difference is between them. Hoping some one might know the difference.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO