lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-10-2016, 02:58 PM   #1
Jack Straw
Not Yet Wild

Default 83 EZGO Marathon 2 cycle carb issue AGAIN

So my cart is pretty much finished and was running decently outside of low speed chugging. Today I changed the throttle cable as the old one was pretty beat up and installed the little spring on the end of the cable as recommended. Cable functions properly, carb opens and closes when I press and release the pedal no problem. However now it's spitting out fuel from the carb overflow like crazy and needless to say it's not running well at all, flooding I imagine. The only other thing I did was fill the fuel tank completely for the first time. Do I have a stuck float or is the pump pumping too much? Carb is new and I rebuilt the pump. I just don't know
Jack Straw is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-10-2016, 04:54 PM   #2
Jack Straw
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 83 EZGO Marathon 2 cycle carb issue AGAIN

Pretty sure the needle valve is getting stuck. Anyone know of a fix for this?
Old 08-11-2016, 10:26 AM   #3
Sean5545
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

You do have a fuel filter installed correct? Your most likely correct about the stuck needle....the fix unfortunately is to disassemble clean and possibly replace the float, needle and or needle seat. Generally a piece of debris will muck up the works on this one so a disassemble and clean usually fixes it
Sean5545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 10:59 AM   #4
Crimson Wonder
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I agree with your assessment that its flooding and with Sean that it means the needle is not seating. So you will need to take disassemble the carb and clean it. Definitely make sure you have a fuel filter and good fuel lines because the least little speck of debris will cause the needle to either clog (no fuel gets in) or not seat (fuel always flows). It is possible to clean the carb without taking it off but certainly easier to clean it with it off. The carbs on these engines are pretty simple to remove.
Crimson Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 05:19 PM   #5
Jack Straw
Not Yet Wild

Yes, there's a new fuel filter installed. Guess I'll pull this apart and give it the once over. I'll let you know. Thanks!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO