lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2016, 10:53 AM   #1
Crimson Wonder
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 1984 EZGO Oiler

So I finally got around to taking the carb off and cleaning it and putting fresh fuel in the tank. It ran great both forward and reverse around the yard last night at full throttle. NOW I'm worried about the oiler and whether it is working. This is leading me to think I will remove it and mix the fuel myself. So two questions. I understand that the intake should plugged with a 6mm screw. Can someone post a picture of what that looks like as far as where this screw goes in the intake? I'm assuming its where the banjo connection is located. Second, i just filled the fuel tank up with fresh gas. How bad will it be to try to now mix oil in the tank? I know that typically you would mix the gas and oil in a container prior to filling but I don't really want to drain 5 gallons of gas back out to the tank just to mix in some oil and put it back. Thanks for the help.
Crimson Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-11-2016, 12:28 PM   #2
JohnnyG67
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 1984 EZGO Oiler

Mixing the oil in AFTER the gas is in, is much more preferable than putting the oil in the tank first lol. Shouldn't be a problem just rock the cart around for a few and let it sit for a bit after to make sure it's all diffused into the gas. Remember these are a crazy lean 128:1 (1oz. oil per gallon of gas). I run mine at 100:1 without problems. Yes the banjo bolt coming from the oil pump into the intake is where the screw would go. I even used a bit of blue locktite on the bolt to make sure it doesn't lose seal or vibrate loose.
JohnnyG67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 12:49 PM   #3
rccub23
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

get yourself a designated gas can.
pre mix the oil in the can. don't
forget to label the can. (golf cart,
128:1 etc.).
rccub23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 01:00 PM   #4
Crimson Wonder
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks guys. Yes my ultimate plan will be to have a dedicated gas/oil mixed can for this cart from here forward. This first week of figuring everything out has just thrown me off a bit. None of my other 2 stroke engines have oilers so this is my first encounter with one. I was excited about it initially but then started worrying about burning up my cart if it failed.
Crimson Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO