lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-22-2016, 09:45 PM   #11
rccub23
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZ Go Gas cart restoration

that's a project for sure. I would pass
on this one. if the fire got hot enough
it could affect the structural integrity
of the metal. something to think about.
rccub23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2016, 11:56 AM   #12
meangreenmachine72
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ View Post
I mentioned in the othere post that I have a different engine I wanted to put in here. It was out of a Melex and only needs the Starter/generator
Hey go for it ! If you have the time and money you should be proud when you get it done. I have fixed a few in my days but never in this condition. I received a 72 cushman 3 wheel cart with just a frame and body , no wires controls or anything else. When complete had years of fun with it !
meangreenmachine72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 01:13 PM   #13
AnthonyJ
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I'm gonna give it a shot. Already have it- the body and frame seem fine. Just need to make sure the frame isn't warped anywhere....especially the rear end
AnthonyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 03:25 PM   #14
Sean5545
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Your definitely in for a money pit...if you are in it for the pride and money isn't an object go for it....you can find a running 2pg for 500-700 easy and at least have all your parts. I can tell you though each clutch will run you 200, the axel will need to be modded unless your putting another 2 stroker that can run both ways....tires seats etc your definitely going to outspend it's worth....in great shape you'll sell it for 1200....in my area anyway
Sean5545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 04:44 PM   #15
AnthonyJ
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I'm doing the project because i need another golf cart and dont have a lot of money at one time to spend on a $500 cart. I've seen that there are others out there but this was availabe at the time, i had the money with me, and i can work on it during the winter. I'm not concerned about the value of them because i dont plan on flipping/selling it at all. This will be my cart and i will be proud if it does hit the road when it's done.
To any of you who have never seen a restoration like this done or attempted before....you will now. Good or bad it will be interesting and it will be an experience!
Old 08-23-2016, 06:50 PM   #16
meangreenmachine72
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Now that's positive thinking. I like that. I have posted before on other links that I could have a brand new cart if I wanted but I like the oldies and my whole family helps out which to me is the best.
meangreenmachine72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 07:49 AM   #17
AnthonyJ
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

And it's the only way to learn too- being new to the hobby. I'll post pictures as I go along. Other obligations have kept me from starting on it already but should get going on it real soon.
Old 08-24-2016, 10:16 AM   #18
restore49
Not Yet Wild

Sir:
Having spent a life restoring machinery and electronics and appreciate your energy - you will have 3 times the cost in this cart in parts alone than starting with another cart - this will be a bottomless pit - maybe you purchased cheap but in the end that is not a plus. Looked in my local Craig's list and found two running machines for under 300$. Have restored bulldozers to computers and would not even consider starting on a project with this little to offer. Take some time and look around for a better starter - they are out there. It is a far better learning experience when the project when you can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
restore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO