lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-16-2016, 07:21 PM   #11
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: K&N Filter

For the Kawasaki drivetrains, a lot depends on if your cart has the old-style clutches or the newer redesigned clutches (if you're pre-2013 I believe you have the old-style but can't remember the exact changeover) - if it's the old-style they had issues w the driven clutches failing (actually some larger fleet companies recalled them) that actually becomes more likely if they get re-sprung, better off biting the bullet and buying a new set of TEAM clutches from EZGO (they're $499 for the full kit w both clutches and belt but if You watch the sales on shopezgo.com they often run them at $399) ... Any carts we get in that have the original clutches automatically get the TEAM's before we resell them, they increase torque by about 30% over the old-style, are rebuildable, and have proven to be pretty darn bulletproof.

Also, careful with that governor if You plan on running wide open for long distances, the 2009-up EZGO's have plastic gears in the governor that are prone to shattering and locking up your rear end if they are pushed much harder than the stock settings.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-16-2016, 07:33 PM   #12
WVHarley
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

I think 2014 is when the change was made to "Team" that is what is in my 2015.
So they upgrade the clutches and make the rear cheaper. What The He**?
WVHarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 07:57 PM   #13
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

the rear end deal w the Governor has been around since the 2008 changeover to the Kawi drivetrain ... From the larger distributors, etc I have worked with and talked to, the general consensus is that the carts are designed for and built to be perfectly reliable at 12mph on the local golf course for their intended 2-6yr lease life, so redesigning anything to appease the aftermarket crowd isn't really a priority. The old clutches, now THAT they had to address, first with a funky balancing bolt-on weight to the rear clutch (which only prolonged the inevitable) and eventually with a complete redesign, then a switch to the TEAM setup.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 08:27 PM   #14
WVHarley
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

GOOD INFO BREW
WVHarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 01:46 PM   #15
EZ GO L4 Beach
Not Yet Wild

The only benefit for a K&N filter is the fact that you can wash and reuse them. Anything else is pure advertisement. I've dynoed my old SS camaro with a K&N vs a stock paper filter. Saw no real difference in the numbers. If I remember correctly, my rear wheel HP dropped by a few HP with the K&N in place, but that's too insignificant to blame on a filter.
EZ GO L4 Beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO