lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-17-2016, 03:33 AM   #1
Bulldawgs117
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2008 EZ-GO TXT connundrum

Hello all! New user here.

I just purchased a 2008 EZ-GO TXT with a thrown rod. The pervious owner had put a 6 inch lift kit on it and 23 inch tires. It has the Robin 295cc engine in it, and I was wondering. Would the cart have enough power after a cheaper rebuild for moderate to heavy towing/hill climbing. Or would I be better off to take the plunge and do a BB swap? And if so is there an kit I could buy to make it easier on myself?

New to the whole gas cart scene and was wanting to see what the general consensus was.

Thanks!
Bulldawgs117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-17-2016, 08:37 AM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2008 EZ-GO TXT connundrum

23" tires, towing & hill climbing suggests big block to me. The 295 is a decent little engine, but it is only 295 cc. There are lots if choices out there. Biggest I've personally dealt with was a 671cc Honda v twin. It fit (just barely) but was hard to work on because of lack of space.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
big block, ez-go, rebuild
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO