lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-12-2016, 05:50 PM   #21
WVHarley
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Default Re: Fender Flares

AJT did you get your wheels and tires that were back ordered yet? If so, love to see a pic.
WVHarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-12-2016, 06:18 PM   #22
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Of course there's the obvious, if You're going with a black guard, just take a cutoff wheel or a Portaband to the lower tubes and shorten them to where they clear the flares. A bit of touch-up paint and a set of pop-in plugs for $3 at your local hardware store, done.

PLUS the (almost) bragging rights of being able to say "I fabbed that myself" LOL ...
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 07:15 PM   #23
Ajt725
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVHarley View Post
AJT did you get your wheels and tires that were back ordered yet? If so, love to see a pic.
I wish lol. They were supposed to be in today. Hopefully I will get them within the week. I will post a pic on this thread when I get them on!
Ajt725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 05:49 PM   #24
WVHarley
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

AJ, The waiting SUCKS when you order something, but makes the pain even worse when it goes on backorder (can I ask where you ordered them from?)

I agree with Brew on modifying the brush guard to make it work. I have already cut mine and extended it once because it was made for an earlier model and too close to the body. If I go with flares later I may end up cutting and welding again.
Old 12-13-2016, 06:47 PM   #25
Ajt725
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
AJ, The waiting SUCKS when you order something, but makes the pain even worse when it goes on backorder (can I ask where you ordered them from?)

I agree with Brew on modifying the brush guard to make it work. I have already cut mine and extended it once because it was made for an earlier model and too close to the body. If I go with flares later I may end up cutting and welding again.

I looked all over for the 14's in mattblack. It seemed like Buggies Unlimited was the only place I could find that had the Diesels in 14". Other places did have the 12's though. They finally shipped today and are scheduled to be delivered on the 19th I was in no big hurry since I don't use the golf cart much this time of the year anyways.

Now I got to figure out whats next!
Old 12-13-2016, 08:30 PM   #26
WVHarley
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajt725 View Post
I looked all over for the 14's in mattblack. It seemed like Buggies Unlimited was the only place I could find that had the Diesels in 14". Other places did have the 12's though. They finally shipped today and are scheduled to be delivered on the 19th I was in no big hurry since I don't use the golf cart much this time of the year anyways.

Now I got to figure out whats next!
Just in time for Christmas It would be nice if more places showed if items were in stock. I have been there more then once

I am sure the next thing will come to mind once you get the wheels on and take another look at the big picture. There is always something to do next
Old 12-14-2016, 10:39 AM   #27
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Just an FYI if anyone's looking for some good deals on wheels, etc - one of my buddies stumbled across an Ebay seller "Wheels_and_Treads" who seem to be doing "overstock" or "Oddball" wheel and tire sets, they're generally priced way under retail (IE $469 for a set of 4 14" rims w 23" Sahara Tires, delivered) *BUT* You need to watch them, they run 10 and 20% off sales for a day or two here and there - I landed 3 sets of these Mesa 14's w Saharas at $375.20 per set last month, that's less than I would pay as a dealer through my vendor.

20161118_140952.jpg

The only downside is that these rims have the narrow lug openings (like the Fairway Alloys) so You have to use "Tuner" lugnuts (which I personally hate because they require an easily-lost adapter to take on or off) - a small downside though when You look at the price and really, once a cart is done being "built" how many times are You really going to be taking the wheels on and off? The other downside is that they generally only have 3 or 4 styles available but if You're not *too* picky they run some pretty sweet stuff from time to time ...
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 10:43 PM   #28
Ajt725
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Her ya go WVHarley. Put the wheels on today. 14" wheels with 23's. 2" spacers on the rear. Could use 1" spacers on the front to make it perfect. It ran 24 mph with the stock tires. 27 mph gps with the new tires. I have not made any adjustments to the governor. The fit with the extra 4" lift on top of the 2" was perfect.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3908.jpg (177.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3913.jpg (247.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3916.jpg (166.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-21-2016, 07:16 PM   #29
WVHarley
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajt725 View Post
Her ya go WVHarley. Put the wheels on today. 14" wheels with 23's. 2" spacers on the rear. Could use 1" spacers on the front to make it perfect. It ran 24 mph with the stock tires. 27 mph gps with the new tires. I have not made any adjustments to the governor. The fit with the extra 4" lift on top of the 2" was perfect.
Looks AWESOME! Did you use the 4" Standard kit or the Premium kit that includes the new hubs? Once you get some ride time in I am sure you will figure out how much low end you lost with the bigger tires and decide if you need to make any changes or upgrades. If you do want to do some upgrades maybe check out G-Boost.
Old 12-21-2016, 09:39 PM   #30
Ajt725
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I used the premium 4" kit. Gonna put some miles on it in the hills next summer so I can get a good idea of the power loss with the tires, then I will probably do the Gboost kit. I got your PM with that info from them. Thanks a bunch!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO