lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-05-2019, 11:45 AM   #21
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Adjusting throttle cables

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbqman View Post
I have this 2003 Yamaha g22a that was brought to me. Guy said that cable #1 broke and he replaced it. Said it ran for a little bit but then stopped running. He brought it to me not running at all. Should the base nut on this cable be all the way back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The nut on the left threaded rod adjusts max speed, it will be set to 12mph on stock tires. You tighten it for more top speed. If you tighten it all the way they can break cables more often due to more pressure on the cable at higher speeds. The cable on the right iirc goes to the pedal? Then that one adjusts the pedal free play you need about 1" at top of pedal so it can idle with no cable pulling on it. It this is too tight it can cause backfires and hard starting.

The pedal pulls on the spring, the governor pulls back more the faster you go and eventually pulls the throttle/governor lever back by bending the spring. The stud pulls the other end of spring and adjusts what speed this happens at. If you put 22 tires on a cart it will go about 8mph faster than stock tires.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha