lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-27-2017, 06:20 PM   #1
maxim1157
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Ezgo tech??

Any EZGO tech's here that I can talk or txt with, regarding my 2011 TXT?
maxim1157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-28-2017, 08:49 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Ezgo tech??

I believe that there are over 100000 members here so someone should be able to answer your question so fire away.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 09:10 AM   #3
maxim1157
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Funny you say fire away.. that's sorta what happened. I was power washing the under side of gas cart the other night, and there was what appeared to be a flash. I stopped and checked things out, didn't find anything. Last night I jumped on it and fired it up, started kinda funny (lazy like) and quit running outside the garage. After looking around I found in front of the battery inside the little black cover that semi-protects the wiring a blown 7.5 amp fuse. I had a 10 amp fuse so stuck that in and it started, but wouldn't start a second time..another blown fuse (sameone) So I decided to mark all the wires and unplug them and bring the solenoid (I'm guessing) into work and let my maintenance guy look at it. He's done many upgrades to his electrical carts and is pretty sharp when it comes to electrical stuff. Only got about 80% unhooked and decided to put it back together. Was just not wanting to unhook any more.. tried another fuse and it didn't blow after several tries of starting and stopping. After talking to my buddy here at work, I am going to blow all the connections out with air and try the 7.5 amp fuse and see if all is well.. probably not a good idea to pressure wash the bottom of your golf cart..lol
Old 04-28-2017, 07:51 PM   #4
maxim1157
Gone Wild
Yamaha

WOW... guess them 100,000 members are afraid to comment..
Old 04-28-2017, 09:28 PM   #5
clr.R4tch3t
Getting Wild

Sounded to me like you fixed it. Sometimes a pressure washer does more damage than good. A good blow job from a shop air line is usually needed to get the water out of all the hidden places.
clr.R4tch3t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 09:23 AM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr.R4tch3t View Post
Sounded to me like you fixed it. Sometimes a pressure washer does more damage than good. A good blow job from a shop air line is usually needed to get the water out of all the hidden places.
Hmmmm. From a shop air line? I don't think so. Sounds kinda painful.

Not sure what wires you hit but obviously something under that chassis is not insulated very well and shorted when the water hit it. I would disconnect the battery and crawl under there and take a look.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 09:29 AM   #7
maxim1157
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Fixed.. I hope
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO