lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-07-2017, 09:47 PM   #1
Airhead
Not Yet Wild

Default Wiring Help? 97 TXT Gas

Hello All- To start I'm new to the cart thing so if I screw up a term or don't give the right info I'm sorry and I'll do my best to get the info!

I have a 1997 Gas EZGO TXT cart, back story is its been sitting in the long grass for a while, someone pulled it out tried to repair it and in turn made a serious mess of the electrical. Now.... I have my hands on it This is a 100% stock cart, no lights, no anything. The engine turns over if I jump the starter but that is it right now due to the lack of electrical.

I have found multiple diagrams and believe I have the correct one narrowed down off of these great forums. I have pulled the mess of the electrical out to start fresh, most wires are not even connected or have poor fittings on them. I have ran a majority of the wires but I have 1 wires I can not sort out and is not present on any diagram I can find... Or maybe my mind is tired and its there in front of my face. Out of the plastic cover for the flywheel from I assume the pulsar there are 3 wires, Black (to igniter), red/white (to igniter) and white (?).

So my question is; where does this white wire go?

Any help would be great! Thanks All!
Adam
Airhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-08-2017, 01:28 PM   #2
Raystar57
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Wiring Help? 97 TXT Gas

On this one which may not be yours there is a white wire from the ignitor to the coil.
Doesn't show white from pulser. Maybe that is the wire.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EZ-GO.jpg (98.8 KB, 0 views)
Raystar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 01:36 AM   #3
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

If this is the twin cylinder engine then i suspect the white wire will be to feed an oil pressure lamp on the dash. You will not need this to get the cart going, but is a good idea to wire up once the cart is sorted, particularly if you are liable to forget your daily oil check.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 08:34 AM   #4
Airhead
Not Yet Wild

Thanks all!

Raystar57- That is pretty much the wiring diagram I found, a few different pictures of the items but the same flow of wires none the less.

Cartmaster- Yes this is a twin, so hopefully that is what this wire is. I will keep moving forward without hooking it up for now to get it running. Once I get it running I'll hook that up to a light just in case.

Thanks for the help guys!
Old 10-09-2017, 09:00 AM   #5
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Ok. Let us know when you want to do it and will explain how. Is there a red lamp by the ignition switch? If not you can use any 12 volt lamp
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 09:49 AM   #6
nomogolf
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I have the same wire but it is yellow. On an engine breakdown drawing that wire comes from an oil pressure sensor. The wire would go to a warning light indicating low oil pressure. Unless you have a warning light just tie the wire back and leave it alone.
nomogolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 09:19 AM   #7
Airhead
Not Yet Wild

My machine does not have any oil warning lights but I will let you guys know how it goes hopefully later tonight. First.... I must winterize our short bus RV
Old 11-11-2017, 11:27 PM   #8
BAMABATTERY
Not Yet Wild

In need of a 2002 gas txt wiring diagram please
BAMABATTERY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 07:39 PM   #9
Rappy
Not Yet Wild

Also need one for a 2002 gas txt cannot find one anywhere
Rappy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coil, electrical, ignitor, pulsar, wiring
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO