lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-30-2017, 07:42 PM   #11
g-note
Not Yet Wild

Wink Re: 1998 ezgo txt ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beg4wake View Post
I had the 295 robins motor with upgraded belt, jetted carb and K&N filter. Motor ran great with no complaints other than it just simply lacked power with my 12"/23" tires. Top speed was great around 24 but trying to go uphill it struggled with more than 2 people. I use this as a shooting cart and around the farm/lake so it can get fairly loaded down with people and gear at times. I upgraded to a Vegas Carts big block kit and never looked back! Gave me 25hp and plenty of torque to climb anything even loaded down. However, I would NOT recommend this motor to anybody who will be running around a community all the time as it is a loud little motor. I've got a small car muffler on it now which has quietened it down a lot but its still kind of loud. Def not camping park friendly if you know what I mean! But for my type use it's great! Motor is also simple to service and cheap/easy to place if ever needed.
That's funny, i called them today trying to find a adapter to run an open element filter. They were pitching the big block motor hard to me...

I was wanting to buy this:

http://xtremestylin.com/intakekit.htm

I went ahead and ordered the 205/30-14's which have a 18.84" diameter. I am going to add the shorter belt if I can find a definite part number and jet the new carb. Looking at a performance exhaust too if they aren't too loud.

Any suggestions???
g-note is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO