lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-20-2017, 10:59 PM   #1
Harrmat
Not Yet Wild

Default 2000 workhorse st350 shocks

I bought a used 2000 workhorse ST350. It need shocks I believe because as I'm riding it and hit some bumps the tires rub. Can someone please tell me the part numbers I need for front and rear shocks. I'm struggling to find a site that will provide it. Thank you in advance. New to the golf cart world.
Harrmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-21-2017, 12:48 AM   #2
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2000 workhorse st350 shocks

What size wheels and tyres are fitted. It is unlikely to be shocks causing the rub, the ST350 is factory standard/stock with a small lift and i believe 20 or 22 inch tyres any bigger than this you may need to increase the lift. Is it just the fronts rubbing or the rears as well. Take a close look at the shocks too, just in case they are leaking oil, although this wont cause the rub, it will affect handling. Its most likely the tyre size or weak springs. Especially if it is just the front.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 07:46 AM   #3
Harrmat
Not Yet Wild

It has 22x11.00-10 tires on it. The shocks appear to be wore out and the bushings are dry cracked. I would like to replace them even if that isn't the problem. From what I can tell is the tires are rubbing on the wheel wells. This cart was neglected and sat out in the weather for approximately 6 years. It was in pretty rough condition when I got it. If I can figure out how to post a pic, I will post some of the clearance and the shocks. Thank you for your help!!

Last edited by Harrmat; 11-21-2017 at 07:47 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 11-21-2017, 08:12 AM   #4
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Post pictures... click on post reply then click on paper clip icon in tool bar above, click on browse, upload pictures from my pictures on your pc.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 08:13 AM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

My 99 has issues with the front tires rubbing also with 22s yet my 08 with 23s doesn’t. Front suspension is different between the two. Hd front springs will help but not always.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 08:52 AM   #6
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

If it is just the front that is a problem, and i am sure looking at stovebolts avatar he will agree, there is a simple way to lift the front if you have the stock front towbar socket, or using blocks between the frame and springs. (looks like stovebolt has done both LOL) if you want to go down this route, when you get new shocks you will probably have to order some shock extenders too. You can easily lift the rear to match as well without too much dollar.
Change your old tired shocks if you want, but i am sure it will not solve the rubbing! I wonder if you have different pattern tyres fitted to stock as some have a tendency to run wider and cause issues.

The ST350 you can see in my avatar has 25 inch tyres and the 2" block lift between frame and springs over stock and that worked fine with no rubbing.
Old 11-21-2017, 06:50 PM   #7
Harrmat
Not Yet Wild

IMG_2187.jpg

IMG_2188.jpg

IMG_2199.jpg

IMG_2200.jpg

IMG_2201.jpg

Thank you all for your comments and help!!!
Old 11-21-2017, 07:34 PM   #8
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Save your money on the shocks, you need more lift.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 09:49 PM   #9
Harrmat
Not Yet Wild

Can you recommend a lift for me that is easy on the wallet?
Old 11-22-2017, 12:51 AM   #10
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Stovebolt will give you details as it is a while since i did mine but all you need is some two inch thick wall box section steel and some longer bolts, a drill and a couple of wrenches and shock extenders LOL. That will give you two inches lift. Plenty for what you need.

Fit the shock extenders at the top, it looks much better than at the bottom. It is a bit more work, but worth the effort.

two blocks between the rear of the front springs and frame, and two for the rear axle.

For the rear you could just fit home made longer spring shackles instead of axle blocks for the two inches to match the front

Mind you, it does look like a front shock has leaked! so maybe new front shocks. The rears dont do as much work with those heavy duty springs so should still be fine.

Is it my imagination or is the drivers side tyre closer to the arch than the passenger side? This can be corrected if nothing is bent, by removing the wheels and re aligning the springs. loosen the bolts at the rear of the springs ( you will need to lift the floor mat to do this) and measure diagonally between the rear and front of the springs ( left rear to right front and vice versa) and make sure the two measurements are the same, then bolt back up. This would be the time to fit the blocks and longer bolts.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO