lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-08-2019, 07:35 PM   #1
curtis41
Not Yet Wild

Default Oil question

I think the LUB 10W40 gg Yamaha oil (Yamalube)is for generators and golf carts.
I did find out Mobil1 was probably not suitable for a 2019 Drive 2 cart. Something about Yamahas having a splash oil system. I guess they were worried about the oil foaming up?

Please let me know if the Yamalube oil above is okay. I plan, as with al previous golf carts, to do my own routine maintenance.
curtis41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-08-2019, 09:41 PM   #2
TheAspec
Gone Wild

Default Re: Oil question

Yamaha recommends 10w30 on the Drive 2, per the owners manual. Yamaha part # LUB-10W30-GG-12. Also, remember to replace the drain plug gasket as well, Yamaha part # 812-11198-00-00
TheAspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 10:38 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAspec View Post
Yamaha recommends 10w30 on the Drive 2, per the owners manual. Yamaha part # LUB-10W30-GG-12. Also, remember to replace the drain plug gasket as well, Yamaha part # 812-11198-00-00

Also, I believe that part number gets you 12 1qt bottles. I don't know of a number specifically for only 1qt.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 10:06 AM   #4
Berex
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I would be interested to learn if that is the case with the mobile 1 I used it exclusively in my g29 with no issues, at least that I was aware of.
Berex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 03:32 PM   #5
mozzer
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtis41 View Post

I did find out Mobil1 was probably not suitable for a 2019 Drive 2 cart. Something about Yamahas having a splash oil system. I guess they were worried about the oil foaming up?

Aren't most engines (cars, trucks etc) splash systems? Unless it's a race car dry sump.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk
mozzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 04:09 PM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Not at all, splash oiling systems use no oil pump at all. All cars & trucks have an oil pump, it draws from the sump at the bottom of the oil pan. Dry sump works differently, it sucks all the oil that would sit in the sump out of the engine and stores it in an external tank for the oil pump to draw from.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 05:24 PM   #7
mozzer
Not Yet Wild

What I meant was a regular car engine does splash through the oil in the sump so I wondered why there would be a concern for using Mobil 1 etc in the cart.

Old 03-09-2019, 05:45 PM   #8
mozzer
Not Yet Wild

I take it back, shows how long ago I took a car engine apart (very old MGs, had oil pump but also splashed into the sump). I see that modern engines keep the sump oil clear of the rods.

Still not sure about OPs concern about Mobil 1, isn't any regular 10w30 engine oil in the recommended list. If so, is a synthetic different in regard to foaming?

Old 03-09-2019, 07:31 PM   #9
curtis41
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozzer View Post
I take it back, shows how long ago I took a car engine apart (very old MGs, had oil pump but also splashed into the sump). I see that modern engines keep the sump oil clear of the rods.

Still not sure about OPs concern about Mobil 1, isn't any regular 10w30 engine oil in the recommended list. If so, is a synthetic different in regard to foaming?

FWIW- The concerns came from Mobil Oil. That is why I decided to use the oil above, the Yamalube. I finally got through to Yamaha and they said this was the recommended oil and weight. Hope this helps.
curtis41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 10:07 AM   #10
Dg16
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I have a g16 that I use Mobil 1 10w-30 on . Isn’t that what everyone on the forum suggests? Is the newer Drive 2 that much different?
Dg16 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
yamaha ptv drive 2 gas
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha