lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-16-2019, 09:19 AM   #1
RetiredNFO
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default “New” 2016 G29 EFI

Hey everyone! I’ve owned a carbeurated 2015 G29 for three years but was NEVER able to get rid of a wicked backfire problem. I researched all the posts on here for hours looking for a potential solution. All to no avail. Finally, I went back to my local dealer and just traded the thing in on a 2016 EFI with the new Havoc body kit and a 3” lift. I also asked the dealer to contact Don at Plowmans and install his kit prior to delivery. Until then, the dealer agreed to continue letting me use the 2015. My wife and I love having a cart as we live in a neighborhood that allows their use everywhere. We typically take it to the neighborhood pool during the summer as well as the grocery store and restaurants/bars at the front of the neighborhood. The neighborhood is called “Seven Hills” and rightfully so. Do any of you recommend anything in addition to Don’s kit to handle the massive hills? Also, my wife and daughter use the cart regularly while I’m out of town on business. Any safety recommendations for me to make sure the cart is as safe as possible for them? Thank you for taking the time to read my post and any feedback is GREATLY appreciated!
RetiredNFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-20-2019, 08:51 AM   #2
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: “New” 2016 G29 EFI

I think you are geared for more top end, with taller tires it may be slow going up hills.
I think the efi ones have like a 10-1 gear ratio vs the 12-1 that most before efi was introduced.
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha