lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-25-2019, 03:31 PM   #11
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Default Re: G9 project, getting 17.5V at the battery

Im surprised with how many times the experts here, say " don't buy aftermarket" and people go and buy aftermarket to just throw it in the trash.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2019, 06:27 PM   #12
spcurtiss
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

OEM VR shows voltage at the battery 16.5V, is that normal or high still? Seems high, would expect no more than 14V, but i'm no engineer. (the cheap VR clearly is bad, blows fuse once power is started)
spcurtiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 06:58 PM   #13
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

That sounds about right

Have to keep in mind these were designed to play golf. Lots of stopping and starting without a lot of run ing to charge the batteries. I think they run the higher voltage to try and compensate.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 07:48 PM   #14
sformal
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by spcurtiss View Post
OEM VR shows voltage at the battery 16.5V, is that normal or high still? Seems high, would expect no more than 14V, but i'm no engineer. (the cheap VR clearly is bad, blows fuse once power is started)
For me, I considered it too high for how I use my Yamaha. Some years ago, I found an old style (adjustable) VR but it also failed after 4 to 5 years... So I made my own one (see this thread).

Basically, there are 3 connections:

- Positive (red/white)
- Negative (black)
- Negative (green) when the starter/generator must generate power meaning that up a defined voltage, negative is off and back when down.

Concerning the aftermarket, I suspect the connections should be different to blow the fuse and it would be interesting to check it and perhaps change the cabling.
sformal is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha