lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-26-2019, 05:11 AM   #1
nitzo
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default 2019 Drive Hesitates after Warm-up

Hey all. Here's the deal. We are at a camping rally, I'll take the cart and run around maybe 1/2 to an hour, come back to camp, sit around an hour maybe two. When I go to take off, in either forward or reverse, when I press the throttle, it will release the brake, start up, then just sit and idle for maybe 5 to 10 secs, then take off. It seems, if it sits for a couple of hours or more, it will take right off like it's supposed to. It's just that hour to two hour of sitting that it does it, like it's maybe not cooled down down or something, I don't know, I'd appreciated any help.
nitzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-02-2019, 07:38 AM   #2
nitzo
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2019 Drive Hesitates after Warm-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitzo View Post
Hey all. Here's the deal. We are at a camping rally, I'll take the cart and run around maybe 1/2 to an hour, come back to camp, sit around an hour maybe two. When I go to take off, in either forward or reverse, when I press the throttle, it will release the brake, start up, then just sit and idle for maybe 5 to 10 secs, then take off. It seems, if it sits for a couple of hours or more, it will take right off like it's supposed to. It's just that hour to two hour of sitting that it does it, like it's maybe not cooled down down or something, I don't know, I'd appreciated any help.

No ideas on this anyone?
Old 08-06-2019, 06:42 PM   #3
nitzo
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

My cart is still doing this, someone must have an idea..........I mean there are times when I'll press the gas pedal for maybe 4 or 5 sec before it will start.

thanks
Old 08-07-2019, 03:58 AM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Fuel injected model? Those don't really like low fuel level in the tank. Never had that "stop" one, but make starting slower, yes. Just an idea.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 11:19 AM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Also, check the starter belt for tightness
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 06:31 PM   #6
nitzo
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Also, check the starter belt for tightness
Thanks,

I'll sure check it out cause its frustrating as heck.
Old 11-03-2019, 06:45 AM   #7
nitzo
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

When I did the OP I had the governor tightened all the way down, since then I've backed it off and no more issues......I'm sure it had something to do with that. It would do almost 27mph, now 20, I'm ok with that
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha