lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-27-2019, 04:02 PM   #1
Bugz1991
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Lift Kit For G5A Sun Classic?

As the title suggests, are there any lift kits available for the a 1991 G5 Sun Classic? Bought a super clean G5 a couple weeks ago. Looking at putting on new tires, but before doing so wondered about a lift. What I’ve read on this forum...NO. But thought I should ask. Thanks
Also would I have any interference issues with putting 205/65-10 tires under her?....stock height.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7CA92F64-DBEF-4BA9-9BDA-E683DFA2E5BA.jpg (14.9 KB, 0 views)
Bugz1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-27-2019, 06:42 PM   #2
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Lift Kit For G5A Sun Classic?

I know 205/50-10 will work, as I have them on my G3. A lift might look goofy but I’ve never tried. Any lift for it would have to be custom.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 07:36 PM   #3
Bugz1991
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeL View Post
I know 205/50-10 will work, as I have them on my G3. A lift might look goofy but I’ve never tried. Any lift for it would have to be custom.
Yea...I was thinking the same thing on the lift. I may even go with a 255/50-10. 20” dia. Same diameter as a 205/65-10, but ~2” wider . Have to do some measurements.
Old 06-28-2019, 03:15 AM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

No lift kits were ever made, so you are on your own. The G5 sold in very low volumes compared to G2/G9 which could be found in thousands of fleets.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 08:59 AM   #5
Bugz1991
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
No lift kits were ever made, so you are on your own. The G5 sold in very low volumes compared to G2/G9 which could be found in thousands of fleets.
Yes...that is what I have read. Turns out I bought a rare bird with bells and whistles untypical of most. First cart and the price was good. It will serve as my gas cart learning platform for now. At least the drive train is common to the G2/G9.
Old 07-16-2019, 01:20 PM   #6
OgreTX
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Sorry for the hijack, but just saw this in our local (Austin TX) craigslist, and I remembered that several people had shown interest: https://austin.craigslist.org/cto/d/...934848311.html

It's fairly local to me, but I really don't need another golf cart. Wish I did, 'cuz it looks like a good buy.

Ogre
OgreTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 06:10 PM   #7
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
I really would have thought the chassis would have been the same between the G5 and its closest platform so I would have thought it would use the G2 G9 chassis.
like with the G3 using the same engine and rear axle as the G1 but front suspension wise again I just thought it would have used parts common in production parts from say the g1.

edit: Now Im very curious to see the suspension setup on all chassis mentioned
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 06:23 PM   #8
Bugz1991
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by OgreTX View Post
Sorry for the hijack, but just saw this in our local (Austin TX) craigslist, and I remembered that several people had shown interest: https://austin.craigslist.org/cto/d/...934848311.html

It's fairly local to me, but I really don't need another golf cart. Wish I did, 'cuz it looks like a good buy.

Ogre
Not bad looking....for a G5 lol. I paid less than half that for mine. .....Arizona license plate
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E905FBCE-7D89-475D-BF86-0BED9D301AF7.jpg (96.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-17-2019, 06:26 PM   #9
Bugz1991
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeasis View Post
I really would have thought the chassis would have been the same between the G5 and its closest platform so I would have thought it would use the G2 G9 chassis.
like with the G3 using the same engine and rear axle as the G1 but front suspension wise again I just thought it would have used parts common in production parts from say the g1.

edit: Now Im very curious to see the suspension setup on all chassis mentioned
I was thinking the same thing. It would be nice to see a comparison between the G2/G9 and the G5.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha