lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-24-2019, 05:26 PM   #1
Spdfrk70
Not Yet Wild

Default Home made g1 engine mounts

Has anyone one here ever made engine mounts. All 4 of mine are broken and 100 bucks seams like a lot for these tiny mounts. Just curious if anyone has come up with a cheap alternative.
Spdfrk70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-24-2019, 08:08 PM   #2
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Home made g1 engine mounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spdfrk70 View Post
Has anyone one here ever made engine mounts. All 4 of mine are broken and 100 bucks seams like a lot for these tiny mounts. Just curious if anyone has come up with a cheap alternative.
ive seen people take those rubber pucks and make them work, how well they help up I cant tell you. OE is NLA , the after market are copies of the G2? rear motor mount. They work but if not trimmed slightly can cause vibrations, easy fix really.

If you get your height wrong or drill the holes off then your belts off track. IMO buy 2 sets of 2 aftermarket mounts, cheaper for some reason buying them that way than a set of 4.
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 10:08 PM   #3
Spdfrk70
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply. Im going to figure something out....it sucks to spend 100 of 20 dollars worth of Chinese material.
Spdfrk70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 06:54 AM   #4
grantspec
Getting Wild

Back when I used to be into Nissans we would buy a tube of 3m window weld and fill the motor mounts to make them stiffer. I bet you could do the same or even repair your mounts this way.

It’s the black urethane stuff that you use to install windows. You can get it at auto-zone or amazon.
Just be sure to wear gloves because this stuff is impossible to get off your hands.

grantspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 10:04 AM   #5
Lochlin
Gone Wild

On older HD /Columbias it is common to only use mounts only on the passenger side as to prevent the primary clutch from rotating into the secondary (the Kung Pao mounts often aren't stiff enough and allow too much flex). The drivers' side mounts simply get deleted and the engine is hard bolted to the frame. I have been told that this will work on the G1 as well but never had to do it. All the same, something to think about.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 02:59 PM   #6
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spdfrk70 View Post
Thanks for the reply. Im going to figure something out....it sucks to spend 100 of 20 dollars worth of Chinese material.
I know it sucks to spend that much on non OE stuff but we don't have much choice. The way parts are getting for the G1 I wouldn't run one without some sort of isolator I would think that would be asking for vibrations and possible engine case damage.

I would suggest you join the Yamaha G1 G3 facebook page and post there, that is where I saw someone used the rubber pucks for the mounts, he could probably give you a better idea of what he used.
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha