lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-06-2020, 04:21 PM   #1
ADSFR075
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Buying my First Yamaha

I'm ditching the EZGO RXV electric for a new Yamaha gas in the next few days. Is there anything specific I should know before making the switch? I learned a lot about the EZGO AFTER I bought the cart. Would like to know if there's anything in particular I need to be be aware of, or make certain of, before making this next purchase.
ADSFR075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-06-2020, 06:00 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Buying my First Yamaha

New cart? Can't be of any help with that. What I can tell you is make sure you drive one and make sure you get the options you want, just like buying a car. If you aren't sure, go drive a different one. Good luck.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 07:22 AM   #3
ADSFR075
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Will most likely be new cart. I'm wanting the quietech engine and from what i can research, it's the newer models that have those motors.
Old 03-09-2020, 07:35 AM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Yamaha's, IMO, are the best. Good luck!
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 12:57 AM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Absolutely buy it as a PTV from the factory! It has the best lights, and it has high speed gears from the factory (9.6:1, gas only, not electric). Unless you plan on big tires & lift, then high speed gears would be wrong for you anyway.

Dont let them sell you a "regular one" with aftermarket lights & such, not good.

If you plan on street/golf use with stock or street size tires, & your local dealer doesnt want to offer you a factory built PTV, go somewhere else to buy.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 10:45 AM   #6
ADSFR075
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Absolutely buy it as a PTV from the factory! It has the best lights, and it has high speed gears from the factory (9.6:1, gas only, not electric). Unless you plan on big tires & lift, then high speed gears would be wrong for you anyway.

Dont let them sell you a "regular one" with aftermarket lights & such, not good.

If you plan on street/golf use with stock or street size tires, & your local dealer doesnt want to offer you a factory built PTV, go somewhere else to buy.

THANKS!!! That's the kind of information I was looking for. Now if I can just get rid of the RXV, I'll be ready to make the move.
Old 03-14-2020, 10:57 PM   #7
villebacker
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I recently purchase a used 2017 Yamaha Quietech PTV Gas. Since it has the 10" tires and wheels from factory and higher speed gears you can simply adjust governor and run steady 25-26 mph on level ground and motor is still running at fairly low rpm's. Plus they have 4 wheel independent suspension making for a very smooth ride. It has factory LED lights, digital fuel gauge, hour meter, USB plugs, nicer seats, etc. that the fleet versions don't have standard.

My local course has the fleet version of 2017 Yamaha Quietech and they definitely are more peppy on the takeoff with the lower speed rear end and stock 8" tires and wheels but there is little comparison to the looks, features and top end speed of the PTV version.
villebacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 07:42 AM   #8
ADSFR075
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Here’s the cart I’m looking at. The dealer says it meets all the requirements that cgtech recommended. The dealer also said he will show me how to adjust the governor. It comes from the factory set up like this, according to the dealer. Would love to know what this cart costs in other areas. I’m looking at approx $9,500 out the door.

New Yamaha Cart 1.jpg
Old 03-22-2020, 04:18 PM   #9
chairbornrangerx
Not Yet Wild

That's a nice looking cart, any idea if it has lift and what size those wheels are?
chairbornrangerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 07:45 AM   #10
ADSFR075
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I think the dealer said it was a 2" lift. I'm not sure of the tire size.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha