lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2020, 04:20 PM   #1
PESCADO
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Plowman Kit on a 2020 D2 Quiet Tech?

Did you notice a big increase in low end torque?
I have the high speed gears...

Just waiting on my lift to come in from eternal Covid back order so I can add the Plowmans kit.
PESCADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-18-2020, 09:33 PM   #2
villebacker
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Plowman Kit on a 2020 D2 Quiet Tech?

I am curious to see how much it helps yours with 12.29 HP. My 2017 Drive 2 PTV only has 8.9 HP and will be installing my Plowman's performance kit this week when it gets here. I will certainly be looking forward to comparing our results.
villebacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 12:12 PM   #3
PESCADO
Getting Wild

Yamaha

So the 2020's have more horsepower?

Quote:
Originally Posted by villebacker View Post
I am curious to see how much it helps yours with 12.29 HP. My 2017 Drive 2 PTV only has 8.9 HP and will be installing my Plowman's performance kit this week when it gets here. I will certainly be looking forward to comparing our results.
Old 05-19-2020, 09:35 PM   #4
villebacker
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I saw a 2019 for sale and it had the 12.29 HP engine also. Not sure about the 2018. I just GPS'd and timed my 2017 between mailboxes up the street and down the street to get a benchmark to see how much difference the Plowman's kit will make. It topped out at 28 on the downgrade but only does 25-26 on level ground with stock 10" wheels now.
Old 05-20-2020, 01:09 PM   #5
Betaguy
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I have a 2019 Drive 2 EFI with standard(11.5:1 I think)gears. I added the performance kit and larger throttle body. Huge improvement in low end torque and top speed. My cart will spin 23" tires up hills and goes 31-32MPH.
Betaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 08:55 PM   #6
villebacker
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I got my extreme performance kit in today and installed it but Don didn't have time to go through the tune up by the time I was able to finally get through. Took it to the golf course and played 9 holes. To be honest there was nothing I like about it. The reasons I bought the Quietech PTV was for the quietness and the higher speeds at lower RPM's and I lost both of them. It sounds like a quadajet with the breather cover turned upside down and sounds like it is running 2000 RPM's by the time you are doing 5 mph. It jerks when you start and stop. Going to see what kind of deal I can get to ship it back. A friend that lives on number 1 fairway commented about how loud it was when I went by.
Old 05-20-2020, 09:15 PM   #7
PESCADO
Getting Wild

Yamaha

What year is yours?

This is the kit I was going to install in mine.
https://www.plowmanscarts.com/carts....1587586966&v=2

My goal is to get some more low & mid range tourqe and have a 30MPH cart.

Quote:
I got my extreme performance kit in today and installed it but Don didn't have time to go through the tune up by the time I was able to finally get through. Took it to the golf course and played 9 holes. To be honest there was nothing I like about it. The reasons I bought the Quietech PTV was for the quietness and the higher speeds at lower RPM's and I lost both of them. It sounds like a quadajet with the breather cover turned upside down and sounds like it is running 2000 RPM's by the time you are doing 5 mph. It jerks when you start and stop. Going to see what kind of deal I can get to ship it back. A friend that lives on number 1 fairway commented about how loud it was when I went by.
Old 05-20-2020, 09:40 PM   #8
villebacker
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Mine is 2017 and only has the 8.9 HP engine. Mine was the extreme kit for $599. It comes with both clutches new, the belt and air filter. My original driven clutch was a 4 rivet and Don said I needed the newer 6 rivet clutch.
Old 05-28-2020, 12:58 PM   #9
Betaguy
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Were you able to finish the tune process with Don? The kit doesn't really begin to shine until the phone call with Don is over and has you do all of the fine adjustments. My 2019 is louder than before I installed the kit, but it doesn't bother me. I wanted more power and more speed and loudness goes hand in hand with that.
Betaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 12:10 PM   #10
PESCADO
Getting Wild

Yamaha

After being on back order for 10ish weeks the lift finally came in yesterday.
Lift should be done this week and would like to install the Plowmans kit next week.
I have a message in to Don to purchase but have not heard back.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha