lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-26-2020, 12:04 PM   #1
atistang
Not Yet Wild

Default Getting a bad vibration G29

My clutch hasn't downshifted like it should for as long as I've owned the cart.

Yesterday I had a lot of uphill climbs with 3 people on the cart, and it didn't like it to say the least.

Later on we were cruising down a nice level road when we heard a loud clunk come from the engine. At first I thought the belt broke. But the cart kept going. On the way back on deccel it would sometimes make some clunking noises, and now there is this vibration that comes and goes in waves, kinda like a surge.

Everything looks fine, but I can grab the outside of the primary clutch and it wiggles and wobbles. I assume that is not normal? It is a Team clutch.
atistang is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-26-2020, 02:21 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Getting a bad vibration G29

So....let me see if this is correct....

You loaded a cart up with 3 people, drove up a bunch of hills, heard a loud bang noise, kept driving it because the cart didn't stop going....and now you're wondering what could be wrong with your cart?

Sounds like something in the CVT system. If the primary clutch wobbles, it should be removed and inspected.

For future reference, when you hear a loud bang like that, stop and check it out before you do more damage. And definitely don't keep driving it until you see what's wrong.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 06:50 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Well, the "good" news for you is, there are virtually zero repair parts available from yamaha for Team clutches. And why do I say "good news", you may ask.... those clutches showed that they werent gonna be great before the 4 year warranty was even up, and my opinion of them hasn't improved since. So, the opportunity to put something better on isnt necessarily a horrible thing.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 09:38 AM   #4
atistang
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Well, the "good" news for you is, there are virtually zero repair parts available from yamaha for Team clutches. And why do I say "good news", you may ask.... those clutches showed that they werent gonna be great before the 4 year warranty was even up, and my opinion of them hasn't improved since. So, the opportunity to put something better on isnt necessarily a horrible thing.
I'm waiting on a phonecall from Don Plowman as we speak. I've been thinking of going with one of his setups anyway.

I'm just hoping that is the source of the vibration and it's not something engine related.
Old 08-01-2020, 08:40 PM   #5
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

If it was engine related it will do it all the time
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 08:21 AM   #6
atistang
Not Yet Wild

Got the Plowmans clutches on and sure enough no more vibration!
Old 08-28-2020, 05:59 PM   #7
Derekp78
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

How much of a difference in performance do you notice between stock and plowman?
Derekp78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha