lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2020, 08:22 AM   #11
Afeezey
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: G2 Yamaha struggling up hills

So my battery wasn't holding a full charge. So went and got a new battery, and it seems to have fixed almost everything. It has started right up every time, and the speed Is back to normal. Even going up the hills it is doing great. I would have never guessed that the battery could have been causing so many issues. Still is getting a little too hot, so I ordered a new gas distributor ( not sure the exact name of part) but I'm going to start using high octane gas once I change that part. Hopefully it will fix the overheating. Thanks for all the help everyone
Afeezey is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-31-2020, 08:35 AM   #12
J-ROB
Out to Lunch

Yamaha

Default Re: G2 Yamaha struggling up hills

If you can pull the plastic covers off the top of the engine and see if your cooling fins on the engine are clean and free of an oily, dirt mix. If they are dirty, spray some degreaser on there let it set and then rinse it off good with a water hose and sprayer nozzle. Having a bunch of crap caked up on the cooling fins will cause these to run hot.

Also, if your muffler is clogged up that can make them run hot, I installed one of Don Plowman's muffler on my cart (along with the rest of his performance kit) after a few runs with the new muffler, I noticed my cart was considerably cooler under the seat after running for a while than it was with the old stock muffler.
J-ROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha