lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-15-2020, 12:41 PM   #1
bign38
Not Yet Wild

Talking G5A Gas Yamaha Reverse Polarity

I had a battery go low and my charger quit, so I hooked to my truck and ran it for about 5 mins, noticed it was reversed. I got a new charger and after battery was charged Cart was dead, Checked battery and it was fully charged in correct polarity. After googling it I figured the fuse was blown. Checked the panel and all the accessory fuses were OK. Opened the in line positive and found fuse blown, replaced fuse and everything worked. I put seat down and sat in seat and nothing worked. Got out and it worked again. Finally it started to work again. I backed out to driveway and it quit again. Checked positive fuse and it's OK. Haven't checked neg fuse yet. Any suggestions? Willing to try anything.
bign38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-15-2020, 08:59 PM   #2
bign38
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: G5A Gas Yamaha Reverse Polarity

I checked the neg fuse and it is ok and pos is still ok. I rechecked the battery and it showed dead. Have charger on now and will see if it helps. If not it looks like I will need a new battery.
Old 08-16-2020, 06:47 PM   #3
bign38
Not Yet Wild

Well I removed the battery and had charger run a repair cycle and charged it, cleaned the terminals on battery and cables. Reconnected it and cart is running great and seems to be repaired.
Old 08-17-2020, 05:23 AM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bign38 View Post
Well I removed the battery and had charger run a repair cycle and charged it, cleaned the terminals on battery and cables. Reconnected it and cart is running great and seems to be repaired.
I'm glad for you. I didnt chime-in because I thought you had destroyed a ton of parts that no one could replace *(maybe don plowman could, at great expense). You have a really cool cart that was a "ground breaking vehicle" in its class. Many golf cart "firsts" belong to the G5. "Rack & pinion steering", "glass windshield", full lights with "self cancelling turn signals". . That thing was a "industry leader" & "ground breaker" in ways you might not even know. No one made any thing like it at that time.

I dont know if you know what a ezgo "2five" is but it came decades later to offer "many, but not all" of the features a G5 offered. I'm a yamaha guy, and even as a dealer, theres tons of parts "you just cant get" for your G5. Treat it nice as such, its definitely "not your average golf cart".

It's already a classic in the "cart world", as it should be. Not too fast, but otherwise like a classic mustang or old impala. Its value will only go up, if you dont chop it up.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha