lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-02-2020, 10:26 AM   #1
Hang10er
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default G29 Seatbelt Kit

Can't find it in any previous postings...

I'm new. Purchased a 2016 Yamaha G29 EFI. Dealer is adding modifications. Wanted to add the front and rear seatbelts myself. Found numerous kits for $80-$100 online but they ALL say will not work on Yamaha G29!

Anyone have a tip where I can find a kit that will fit?

By the way, like the site so far and will post an introduction when my buggy is actually in the garage.
Hang10er is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-02-2020, 10:38 AM   #2
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G29 Seatbelt Kit

ebay - copy and paste this - Golf Cart Seat Belt Bracket Set Retractable Mounting for EZGO Club Car Yamaha
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 12:05 PM   #3
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I feel I should clarify rethinking about this...You said most say they dont work with Drive G29 and that's true as there is no mounting point because drain tubes are in the way...That being said when you add a backseat kit(I'm assuming you don't want rear seat belts without having one), the kits offer a plate for seat belts to be mounted...well that is if your dealer is using Madjax Kit...sorry for confusion but didn't wanna leave you hangin
Old 09-02-2020, 01:16 PM   #4
Hang10er
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Thank you so much for replying.

I might be getting the cart before the horse....or might be getting my wallet out before I get the cart.

I do have the backseat installed. My cart is still at the dealers being built up. Expected delivery in a couple weeks. That dealer is about 3 1/2 hours away so I can't swing by and see the cart. I wanted to go ahead and get seatbelts so I'll have them ready to install when I get my cart.

As I said, I'm new so here's my first newbie question. I know I have a 2016 EFI G-29 (dealer said that). What is the difference in a "DRIVE" model? Is it the same thing?

So, providing the backseat my cart has installed does not have drain tubes coming down the posts, the 4 piece bracket you mentioned above should work for it?

THanks again for the patience with me....
Old 09-02-2020, 01:43 PM   #5
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

So that is the issue...My dealership uses a certain backseat kit that has mounting points built onto the kit, but I have no way of knowing if the dealer your using is using the same kit...best bet would be to wait(I know that always sux) and take pix of the kit when it comes in and post them to be sure... And yes your Cart a G-29 is also referred to as a "Drive"
Old 09-02-2020, 02:09 PM   #6
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Just for a visual...I happen to be working on a Drive at the moment with one of our kits...here's a few photos of bracket and mounting points...sorry they are sideways I took pix with Iphone and didn't want them to small...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0160.jpg (114.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0159.jpg (121.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-02-2020, 03:20 PM   #7
Hang10er
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Think I'll take your advice and wait and see exactly what I'm getting.

I found another post somewhere that explained the "G29", "YDR" and "DRIVE" terms. Thought I had it figured out and then I see "Drive 2"!!!!! Ha ha

Thanks for all the info....
Old 09-03-2020, 07:10 AM   #8
Hang10er
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Thanks...the pictures helped. I'll wait until I get the cart, see what back seat I have and look for mounting points. If I have those tabs sticking up like in your pics, looks like I just need to insure I get a bracket that will fit within the width.

Thanks again......
Old 09-03-2020, 07:17 AM   #9
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Any Time
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha