lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-18-2011, 09:31 PM   #21
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1986 Ezgo Marathon

Also, I was just thinking - is it possible that you somehow got your intake and output lines reversed somehow on the pump, or is it possible that when you "cleaned" it, you didn't mark it (as mentioned above) and it was possibly reassembled in an incorrect position? My pump has index marks (arrows) but I don't know if all do, I've heard in the past though of guys putting them back together incorrectly and no go ...

(also - you should be holding a prime, or at very least you should be running off the fuel in the float bowl - the spraying gas thing is telling me that the bowl is dry, which could be bad pump *or just incorrectly assembled, broken line ets as outlined above* or quite possibly a stuck needle valve, which won't allow gas to fill the float bowl - it's all going to come down to making sure you have fuel spurting out of the line when you crank it over)
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-19-2011, 03:14 PM   #22
FreeRide199
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I think my fuel pump is shot cleaned it out again but i noticed on the bottom diaphram it almost looks like it burnt? also tryed switching the lines and didnt seem to help any, its pumping but its very weak.

Also took the time again and torn the carb down again and cleaned it out again.
FreeRide199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 04:44 PM   #23
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

All I can come up with would be a backfire that somehow traveled up the crankcase vacum line and burned/dimpled the diaphragm (which in as much as it would suck, is still better than blowing out your crank seals) ...

Speaking of, we can eliminate them as an issue if it'll run when you spray fuel in the carb, thank god :)

I'm going to wait for Dave to second the opinion (he's pretty good at troubleshooting and coming up with unorthodox tests that can completely narrow down the problem) but I think you may be looking at a fuel pump kit ($2 or a new pump ($32) - if you look at those numbers, it's a pretty easy decision which way to go, BTW

Cue Dave, although as the Mountain Man that he is, he may be out right now trying to run down dinner on the golf cart ...
Old 07-19-2011, 04:54 PM   #24
FreeRide199
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

right on i think ill go and get a new pump and get that outta the way but in the mean time if you or Dave come up with some more tests i can try i will be willing to try anything. The pump to seals right on top of the crankcase is there a mod you can do to put a fitting or something on there to run a pulse line from it to the fuel pump?
Old 07-19-2011, 05:04 PM   #25
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

not if you have a pump that mounts right to the case (87 I thought was the style with the vacum line, yours sounds identical to my 88 - my bad)

buggiesunlimited has them for $32 plus shipping, although you *might* do better on Fleabay or via one of the sposors, BU's shipping charges have always been a bit high
Old 07-20-2011, 01:15 PM   #26
FreeRide199
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

is there suppose to be a black spacer that the fuel pump sits on or is the fuel pump just suppose to sit on the base
Old 07-20-2011, 02:29 PM   #27
FreeRide199
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

she runs!!! After cleaning fuel pump and sealing it off and cleaning the carb, your right when you said the gotta be spotless. Next up lift kit and big block swap eventually
Old 07-20-2011, 06:25 PM   #28
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

GREAT !!!! Glad you're up and running, hit me with a PM when you're ready to do the lift, I have a great company I got mine through, solid as a rock, good price, and they also offer the wheel spacers you'll need, etc at a killer price!
Old 04-09-2017, 08:53 PM   #29
BJW7283
Not Yet Wild

I am looking to do the HEI mod on my 83. How hard is it to do and what all do I need?
BJW7283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 10:27 PM   #30
clr.R4tch3t
Getting Wild

HEI mod is explained very well in the sticky at the top of the page (has HEI mod in the title). Nice job bringing a 6 year old thread back to life, Doctor. Lol
clr.R4tch3t is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO