lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-05-2020, 05:33 PM   #21
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: G2 blowing gas out carb, wont run

Pull old one out, check for debris, drop new one, being sure to hit the "cup" at the bottom it's supposed to sit in. Put a little oil on all parts as their installed. Search up on "how to post pictures", and post some.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-05-2020, 05:45 PM   #22
RansomedCarts
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Here are some photos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 270C1B29-FE8C-4E9E-9EC7-7E9858FA8A8A.jpg (141.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_9425.jpeg (89.8 KB, 0 views)
RansomedCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 08:16 PM   #23
J-ROB
Out to Lunch

Yamaha

Listen to CG on how to replace the pushrod.

In the mean time I would highly recommend pulling off that motor shroud and cleaning it up real good, ensure there isn't a bunch of dirt built up on the cooling fins caked in leaked oil....

If you're going as far as replacing a pushrod, I'd remove the rocker arms and stuff the area with paper towels to scrape off the old gasket as well.

Good luck, keep us posted as you progress.
J-ROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 01:14 PM   #24
RansomedCarts
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Do any of you guys know of a tutorial or manual I can refer to for removing the rocker arms and everything. I am completely new to this and don't want to mess anything up. :) Thanks in advance.
Old 05-11-2020, 04:30 PM   #25
J-ROB
Out to Lunch

Yamaha

Send me a PM and I can get you the service manual. It's dead simple to do, release the tension from the push rod and then the bar that they ride on will slide out. Keep track of the direction that bar goes in and which rocker arm goes where.
Old 05-12-2020, 02:40 AM   #26
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Well, removing the rockers may be pretty vague in the manual, it assumes you know about this stuff a little. Wasnt written in "Chilton book" format. Not talking bad on you, just how the people write the book is done & formatted in a way that isnt always the most descriptive & clearest, every manufacturer has their own way. Like hyundai factory service manuals are good, but clearly not written by americans, I have hyundais, simple to work on, and I buy real oem manuals for things I might keep long enough to need to work on, and I dont need a manual for my old chevy.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 06:35 PM   #27
J-ROB
Out to Lunch

Yamaha

Heres the manual's instructions, not a ton of detail, but you can see how the parts go together.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2020-05-12 at 6.34.07 PM.png (152.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-20-2020, 10:33 AM   #28
RansomedCarts
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks guys for your help. I replaced the push rod and it now runs. After some carb adjustments and tightening the throttle cable, it is running better than ever, however, it now seems to be leaking oil around were you add oil and is causing it to smoke pretty bad. What would you guys recommend. I have a friend who works on a lot of small engines and mentioned putting "smoke stop" in it to help with it stop smoking. Is there a gasket that often goes bad or anything that I would change. Like I said, it seems to be coming our on the same side as the oil fill. I'm planning on degreasing the engine and getting it cleaned up so i can see exactly where its coming from.
Old 07-21-2020, 12:02 PM   #29
J-ROB
Out to Lunch

Yamaha

Glad to hear you got it running again.

When I got mine, the oil fill tube was loose and that was causing a lot of oil to slosh out and burn off. Its pretty easy to see if yours is loose by trying to wiggle or turn it. They are press fit, so with mine, I just applied a good amount of JB weld on the tube and re-inserted it, has worked fine since..

The other common place for leaks on these Yamahas is the crankshaft seal on the clutch side and the crank cover gasket on the same side. You can have that engine out in less than an hour, you'll need a clutch puller if you don't have one, but remove the drive clutch, and then remove the crankcase cover, replace the seal and the gasket and slap it back together.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha