lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-29-2015, 06:17 PM   #11
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Default Re: Yamaha G1 quit, blows positive fuse even with switch off.

Cool!
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-30-2015, 09:20 PM   #12
jimmejohn
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Well, too much going on today to start again until this afternoon. I have removed the black wire from the cdi, voltage regulator, solenoid, and the switch under foot pedal. Still blows a fuse. Diagram shows another relay that I can't locate. Diagram shows it near the cdi but I don't see one.
I'm thinking I may have to get under the cart to trace wire harness.
Any thoughts? I sure was hoping a simple quick fix.Ha
jimmejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 09:31 AM   #13
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

It also goes to the backup buzzer, the keyswitch, the magneto plate, and the ignition coil.
All of those can be unplugged for troubleshooting.
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 12:11 PM   #14
jimmejohn
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I found the problem, it's the coil under the flywheel. Now the hard part, where do I find one? Searched some sites but no luck.
Old 07-02-2015, 09:37 PM   #15
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

is this the part? wwwgolfcartcare com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=parman&Product _Code=13267&Category_Code=coilya
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 06:34 AM   #16
jimmejohn
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Sure looks like it. Thanks!!
Old 07-03-2015, 09:03 AM   #17
meangreenmachine72
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Make sure if that's it you check around for a better price with sponsors etc. I put part # in to a place I get parts and it came up at $99.75.
meangreenmachine72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 12:37 PM   #18
dbmachine
Gone Wild

http://www.speedsupplies.com/parts/y...5580-20-00.htm

Same oem part. Just shows how much people are marking parts up. That's over 150% markup
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 03:00 AM   #19
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I dont know their exact price from yamaha, but keep in mind, tons of chinese knock-off parts are available for most anything at a "bargain" price. Question is, is it a Real Yamaha part, is the quality good, is it really a "bargain"? There are some parts i would not even consider the cheapo aftermarket version of (G22 TCI, G1 rod bearings, All carburetors are first thoughts in my mind, there are plenty more). Some stuff is OK from aftermarket, some not. I can tell you that i cannot think of a single Yamaha part that has higher than 100% markup for MSRP price versus "true dealer cost" (its much harder to think of a part that is close to 100%, bolts maybe). Most parts are quite far from that. Everyone thinks the dealer is "putting the screws to them" for prices, its not that dreamy in the real world for parts "mark-up". That is, if your dealer is selling at Yamaha suggested prices, anyone checked those (easily found all over the internet, if you have the part number), Nah, too much work. Hey, G1s have been out of production since about 1989 (there was a gap during the late '80s), and that was a long production run since they had released at least 2 newer models during that time. My supply of NOS G1 parts is getting low, lots of stuff i cant even get anymore, but we arent "raping" on parts either (i love the G1, and want to see them on the road).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 09:38 AM   #20
dbmachine
Gone Wild

I have always ordered my parts from either boats.net or speedsupplies for all my yamaha oem parts. Even back when i had big bear, kodiak, grizzly, rhino atvs and sidexsides. Now with the golf carts ive ordered several parts for them as well from these 2 companies. Always have fast shipping. Always genuine oem yamaha parts as well. But like cgtech mentioned be weary of the chinese stuff. Like the 37$ carburators on ebay and amazon with free shipping.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha