lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-12-2015, 10:10 AM   #1
reggie dunlop
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Micro switch adjustment

Still working on my 480 workhorse and I am attempting to adjust the micro switch in the pedal box. I have been having a few issues when I stop the cart. Sometimes, or most times when I stop the cart the motor stays running. That has not been to much of an issues before, however I just replaced the driven clutch spring with the stouter spring and now when it stays running the cart wants to keep pulling. I am at this time also working on the brakes so this current issue is a problem. When I looked in the pedal box I saw the micro switch and the cam assembly. They are working correctly. I do see however, the shaft that comes in from the front of the cart that is connected to the brake pedal most time will move to the side somewhat when the pedal returns to the top. It would appear that there should be a bushing of some type that would allow the shaft to Glide back and forth and prevent the sideways action. I have a service manual and I cannot see mention of a bushing.
Is there supposed to be a bushing there,and if so what is it made from?
I cannot find it on the ezgo website.
Reggie.
reggie dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-14-2015, 01:18 AM   #2
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Micro switch adjustment

I would suggest taking a multimeter and checking the micro switch. If its not opening the circuit when the pedal is released, then replace it.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 11:50 AM   #3
reggie dunlop
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I have tested the switch and it works fine. The issue I am having is the arm that comes into the pedal box that has the adjustment cam attached to it moves sideways to the left and it does not hit the micro switch.
When I have the cart jacked up and I press the throttle down I can see the cam engage the micro switch 50% of the time when it returns to the off position. However 50% of the time I can see the shaft and cam move sideways and miss the micro switch contacts altogether. The issue is not the micro switch. I did the adjustment with the cam on the shaft but the shaft will move far enough to the left to avoid the switch.
I have not removed the entire pedal box yet because I can't see how that will help me. I was looking to see if there was a bushing of some sort on the shaft where it comes into the pedal box, but I did not see any remains of any such bushing. I would just buy a new switch if I thought that would help, but putting in a new switch the does not engage makes no sense.I cannot see any bushing in any of the photos in the service manual,or on the ezgo website.
Any suggestions.

Reggie
Old 09-17-2015, 06:08 PM   #4
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

I haven't ever had to deal with that particular problem but if the rod is moving side to side, can you possibly cut a small piece of metal and tack it in there to provide side to side support? Like maybe dremel a "U" shape into a flat piece and slip it in there. Idk, something for sure is worn allowing that much play.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 05:34 PM   #5
reggie dunlop
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I am getting ready to resolve a few brake issues and at the same time I plan on working on this problem.
I had thought about taking a piece of brass tubing and cut it about 2 inches long.If I slice it open and wrap it around the shaft and then solder it closed and to the shaft.
I also like your idea.If I fasten a piece brass to the front of the pedal box with a heavy duty pop rivet and slide it over until it slides along the shaft that would prevent the shaft from sliding sideways.The more I think about that the more I like your idea.
I will let you know how it works out,thanks.

Reggie
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO