lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-23-2015, 10:58 PM   #21
TomStark
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Stretch my cart

Sure! Here are a few pics, if you want better I can take better tomorrow, but I think you will get the idea pretty well!
I also included a pic of the tires I am running. they work great. Notice that my blade attaches to the front axel near the top so that it pushes more into the springs rather than leveraging against them raising the front end. Funny thing though, with the winch where it is, when I raise the plow, the front end of the cart comes up, and when I drop the plow, the front end comes down, due to the leverage on the springs. But it goes through snow just fine, and I rammed into some piles pretty hard, and no issues at all with the handling or performance!
Tom
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Plow lift.jpg (260.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg close up lift.jpg (76.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20150917_135145.jpg (135.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20150719_222546.jpg (91.0 KB, 0 views)
TomStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-23-2015, 11:03 PM   #22
TomStark
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I should mention, the photos I posted were while I was still in mock up mode. Here are a couple pics of the feet I made one just the foot, the other with it installed on the blade.
Tom
Attached Images
File Type: jpg foot on blade.jpg (407.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg foot side.jpg (96.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-24-2015, 05:18 PM   #23
ironmonkey17
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Thanks for the pictures, those tires look unstoppable, I like the shoes also, as for the mounting of the winch I couldn't really make it out. the funny thing with mine is, if I go directly to the blade I hardly get any bounce, but if I go through the winch guide rollers and then hook up the blade I get a lot more bounce.
ironmonkey17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 06:03 PM   #24
TomStark
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmonkey17 View Post
Thanks for the pictures, those tires look unstoppable, I like the shoes also, as for the mounting of the winch I couldn't really make it out. the funny thing with mine is, if I go directly to the blade I hardly get any bounce, but if I go through the winch guide rollers and then hook up the blade I get a lot more bounce.
Wish I saw this earlier! too dark out now to take pics, just got back in from wiring my switch. Yeah, lots of fun losing light as you work. The soldering I was doing was with a flash light in my mouth! LOL! Wish I could work in doors! Anyway I will take some better pics tomorrow. I need to mount my switch on the steering column anyway, and still have 1 or 2 wire ties to use under the cart for the wire from the switch to the winch. I was going to leave the wireless remote working, but would have been too much of a PITA working out in the cold. If I had thought of this in the summer, before I mounted everything and could have done it on the bench I would have. But now I will just take the wireless stuff and put aside, who knows, may use it for something!
Anyway I will have more pics for you tomorrow. And will be sure to get an angle where you can really see what is going on.
You are right about the tires, they go through ANY snow! Had 0 wheel spin. Was thinking of putting in extra brake cables so I could apply 1 wheel or the other if it lost traction. Really don't see that as an issue. I will be getting new tires, like the ones I have, on 12" rims so I can go with 4 wheel disc brakes. I love voiding warrantees!
Tom
Old 11-25-2015, 05:54 PM   #25
TomStark
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Check out my new thread at http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/membe...ml#post1221523 more pics there you should be able to see what I did a little easier.
Tom
Old 12-09-2015, 02:12 AM   #26
E-Z-RIDER
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Howdy guys,

I have had my '90 or about a year and a bit now and am just starting on it.
The spring extention sounds and looks really cool, so of course now I want that too
Is there a chance you could put on some pics as to the where and how of that?

I also stuck a 4" lift under mine and I'm working on an idea to fab a better looking front that would fit with the extension for a sort of raised mudder/military look as the plastic cowl front is all screwed up from a previous axle buster. (I just put new front springs under it and replaced all the bent things, I should have waited.)

The spring extention sounds real good though, so a few pics would really help me to make my mind up between the mudder idea or taller skinny wheels and fabbing for an abreviated model "T" look. but nothing too serious, just some aluminum sheet and a grill.

love the posts thx.
E-Z-RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 09:46 PM   #27
ironmonkey17
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I put EZGO 70989G03 Heavy Duty Front Spring on my 93 marathon, lifted the cart an extra 2" on top of my lift. last picture was before the new springs. good luck on your build post some pictures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20151129_105521.jpg (472.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20151121_163405.jpg (530.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20151129_105420.jpg (442.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20151121_131109.jpg (523.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20151113_122102.jpg (634.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-10-2015, 12:42 AM   #28
E-Z-RIDER
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I put EZGO 70989G03 Heavy Duty Front Spring on my 93 marathon, lifted the cart an extra 2" on top of my lift. last picture was before the new springs. good luck on your build post some pictures.
Ironmonky,
Thanks for the pics
That's pretty cool looking, I'm going to do the same.
Right now I'm replacing everything that needs it and I have just painted the camo paint scheme on it to go with the mudder/military idea as the red (just like yours) was pretty ratty anyway.
First thing is to get all the gear on it back to good working order but the 4" lift is done and I just put new springs on it a while back as the axle was hit big time and broke them and a few other things. I put bigger tires on it on 8" rims but that doesn't suit me just yet, so bigger rims and tires all fits right in with the extension.
Did anything else on the steering components need changing or did you just extend the streering arm to the front axle?
From the way yours looks I can probably get my grill idea worked in to the mix and then I can do the jeep type fender thing to it too. This is great stuff! It gives the picture I have in mind a big push forward .
I also wonder if a set of swing arms from the body to the axle would be a good thing to fab so that any front to back shock loads can be absorbed by them to prevent the spring ends from buckling under and breaking like it did before.
I'll work at pics when I get time, I am taking them and will have them when I get uploading figured out again.

Regards, EZ.
Old 12-10-2015, 09:29 PM   #29
ironmonkey17
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

E-Z-RIDER I didn't have to change anything on the front, everything still worked fine but If I go any higher in the lift I will have to rework the steering linkage, my front end also took a hit before I lifted it (grand kids) bent front axel and broke drivers side leaf spring. I straightened the axel best I could and welded an angle (cut to fit) across the whole back to beef it up a little more. the swing arm might be a good Idea, maybe throw it out there I'm sure there's some guys out there that did something like that. well good luck on your build and have fun, as you will see it becomes an addiction.
Old 12-10-2015, 10:08 PM   #30
E-Z-RIDER
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Ironmonkey, Addiction along with a 383 stroker in the living room, a bike and two stationary engines and..my solar projects etc etc.
The buggy is IT again for now, and hopefully I'll get it done before too long.
Thanks for the replies, I'm going to check out some things and also look for that dang elusive new carb for the cart that
no one seems to sell!
Regards, E.Z.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO