lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-17-2015, 01:00 PM   #11
DixieManSC
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: How do I remove the driven clutch

Yes, that looks like the shaft is broken off.
DixieManSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-17-2015, 02:12 PM   #12
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
I believe it is broke off inside there.

the bolt is definitely broken off & gone;I suggest you start spraying PB Blast or some other good penetrant into the "hole" to help loosen the clutch from the shaft .After you get the clutch off hopefully you can remove the broken bolt with a drill bit & ease out.
big mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 05:40 PM   #13
racin161
Gone Wild

PB blaster soak for a day spray some more then try a piece of hard wood on the back side with a (bfh) to loosen it up. As for as the broken bolt that can be tricky. if you have enough room you may try a small center punch on the out side of the bolt and try to back it out.
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 07:07 AM   #14
Mr. Mike
It's Beer Time!

Yamaha

I got it off last night. It ended up being a little easier than I thought. Some prying popped it right off. Thanks for everyone's help.
Mr. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 09:54 AM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The question now is how you gonna keep it on?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 10:15 AM   #16
DixieManSC
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I actually was trying to remove mine last night. It has a broken spring in it. You can hear a piece of it rolling around in there. I was unable to get it off. Even using a 2 jaw puller would not budge it. I heated the crap out of it too. Pounded on it with a 2x4 and hammer. Pried on it with a pry bar. Sprayed it down with PB Blaster. No luck...

There was a bunch of rusty crud in behind the bolt on mine. I think it has not ever been taken off in the 19 years it has been on the cart. I'm gonna keep spraying it with PB Blaster and go at it again this weekend with a 3 jaw puller.

My point is, they can be a real bear to get off.
Old 12-18-2015, 10:50 AM   #17
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieManSC View Post
I actually was trying to remove mine last night. It has a broken spring in it. You can hear a piece of it rolling around in there. I was unable to get it off. Even using a 2 jaw puller would not budge it. I heated the crap out of it too. Pounded on it with a 2x4 and hammer. Pried on it with a pry bar. Sprayed it down with PB Blaster. No luck...

There was a bunch of rusty crud in behind the bolt on mine. I think it has not ever been taken off in the 19 years it has been on the cart. I'm gonna keep spraying it with PB Blaster and go at it again this weekend with a 3 jaw puller.

My point is, they can be a real bear to get off.

Use anti-seize when you re-install to help prevent it in the future
big mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 10:54 AM   #18
Mr. Mike
It's Beer Time!

Yamaha

Scotty I don't need to keep it on cause I'm parting the whole cart out. It's posted in the for sale section. When I rode the cart though the driven clutch never move around at all. It must've been on just enough.

Dixie I used a fork type bar used for breaking ball joints. I drove it down the center behind the clutch and it popped right off.

Now if I can get the primary off of the engine. That seems on there good and the only puller I have is for a Yamaha which might be the right thread but it's too long and won't reach the threads. I tried to get off and I ended up separating the 2 sheaves instead. I'll get it off. I'm gonna try to borrow a puller. The clutch looks like a comet clutch which is what I think it is unless EZGO used a clutch that only looks like a comet 94c with a ribbed cover. Anybody know?

Here's what it looks like.

Old 12-18-2015, 02:17 PM   #19
DixieManSC
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

My pickle fork is not wide enough to use it. It won't fit around the shaft. Gonna try a 3 jaw puller and maybe pick up a larger cheap-o pickle fork. If I had the money, I'd cut the thing off and replace it as a unit but $200+ for a complete, new driven clutch just isn't in the budget.
Old 12-18-2015, 04:33 PM   #20
Mr. Mike
It's Beer Time!

Yamaha

cut it off and I'll sell you mine. Make me an offer.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO