lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-10-2016, 03:39 PM   #1
haligen
Not Yet Wild

Cool What not to do to your driven clutch

So my new to me cart never really had any pickup or top end. I finally got around to messing with it and found the belt at 1" wide, the spark plugs black and wet, and the driven clutch didn't seem to move. Well today I decided to take a look at the ramp buttons, and umm it didn't turn out so good. I got the snap ring off relatively easy, but thats about all that went easy. After pulling the snap ring I smacked the clutch a few times with a rubber mallet hoping it would pop loose. Ha, yeah no, it wasn't budging. Then I proceeded to beat the snot out of it with the mallet, yup, no dice. Okay, now time for the big guns. I broke out a gear puller, put it between the sheaves, and then tried to press the splined shaft down. That my friends resulted in a shattered sheave. Moral of the story is don't use large hydraulic presses on aluminum lol. After I broke it I said the hell with it and beat the snot out of it with a BFH, and it still hasn't popped loose. It did dump a ton of black dust and chunks all over the floor. Anyway, just figured I would share my ham fisted adventure.

haligen is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-12-2016, 06:22 PM   #2
WVHarley
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Default Re: What not to do to your driven clutch

Oh Hell! one of those times you want to cryand drink beer while you talk about how cool it was when it happened lol. Lesson learned for all of us I am sure.
WVHarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 07:34 PM   #3
TomStark
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I think times like that are why God invented oxy acetylene torches and WD40, LOL! Got a TIG welder? May be able to fix it! LOL! Hey, at Dart we had heads where the NOS would cause a hole from the chamber, through the water jacket and out the side of the head, and we fixed them all the time! Really sorry for your troubles, hope you get it taken care of easily and for not much money!
Tom
TomStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 08:15 AM   #4
haligen
Not Yet Wild

I thought about welding it up, but my luck the wife will be out riding it and it will fall apart. Then I will never hear the end of it. I guess I'll just have to spring for a new one, anyone know if the aftermarket ones I see for around $200 are worth it, or should I just spring for a new one from ezgo?
haligen is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO