lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2016, 08:21 PM   #1
byoung
Not Yet Wild

Default Bad Boy Buggy/EZGO front axle removal

Hi All,
I'm really struggling removing my front axle on my bad boy buggy. It's 2008 BBB Classic and I believe the front axle bearing is shot. I've removed the CV joint and the splined axle is showing, I've removed the snap ring but it doesn't seem to budge??? I have a slide hammer but there's nothing for the slide hammer to grab on to???
Any recommendations on axle bearing sites to purchase new ones? Should I replace the oil seal too? I'll try to attach a picture.
Thanks in advance! BY

BBB Axle.jpg
byoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-16-2016, 07:42 PM   #2
Revolution
Voltaholic

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Bad Boy Buggy/EZGO front axle removal

if you have the retaining ring out, the axle will come out eventually. It can be a real pain.

If you take the "box" off it will be easier.

Get a small wire brush and clean where the bearing needs to slide out.

I ended up removing the differential cover and using a pry bar "very carefully" between the ends of the axle to nudge it out.

There is an eBay source for bearings, axles and other parts. Ill post a link in a bit.
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 08:20 PM   #3
Revolution
Voltaholic

Mixed Breed

http://stores.ebay.com/forestcart?_t...p2047675.l2568

This chinese eBay seller has lots of the BBB parts. I have not found the bearings yet. They may not have any more?

The bearing is not a standard Ezgo bearing, it is about half the width of the regular Ezgo.
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 07:00 AM   #4
byoung
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Revolution. I got the axle out but it wasn't easy…vise grips, torch, slide hammer and some brute force! I have all 4 axles out and replacing all axle bearing. Found the bearings for the front and rear axles, plus front oil seal on Amazon. I searched the part number and they all came up.
-BY
byoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 09:09 PM   #5
Badboy08
Not Yet Wild

Byoung, Do you by chance still have the part numbers for the bearings and seals? I have looked all over for a parts diagram and can't find one! By he way, I have purchased several parts for my 08' Classic from Forrestcarts on eBay and they have been great, even when I got the wrong shocks! They swapped them out no questions asked!
Badboy08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 02:34 PM   #6
ScottA58
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badboy08 View Post
Byoung, Do you by chance still have the part numbers for the bearings and seals? I have looked all over for a parts diagram and can't find one! By he way, I have purchased several parts for my 08' Classic from Forrestcarts on eBay and they have been great, even when I got the wrong shocks! They swapped them out no questions asked!
I also need the part numbers for the front bearings and seals. Can someone please provide the part numbers?
ScottA58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 09:00 AM   #7
ScottA58
Not Yet Wild

BTT
ScottA58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 10:36 AM   #8
upstatewoodie
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

have any of y'all replaced the CV axles? I replaced a bad hub this weekend and when I reassembled I have a horrible clunk on the same wheel and now I am wondering if the CV axle went bad and its what tore up the hub. I am contemplating replacing CV axle or swapping it to 2wd EZgo front end. I have a 2008 classic with two separate controllers.
upstatewoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 12:38 PM   #9
TonicThrower
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatewoodie View Post
have any of y'all replaced the CV axles? I replaced a bad hub this weekend and when I reassembled I have a horrible clunk on the same wheel and now I am wondering if the CV axle went bad and its what tore up the hub. I am contemplating replacing CV axle or swapping it to 2wd EZgo front end. I have a 2008 classic with two separate controllers.
Are you still considering getting rid of your front end?
TonicThrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 09:16 AM   #10
49ford
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Does anyone following this thread know which ezgo front ends bolt up to the BBB's? I may be doing this soon.
49ford is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bbb
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO