lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-06-2017, 10:31 AM   #1
workingstiff
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default 3" spindle lift g16 , Cant find one

In working on my cart I decided to put a 3" lift on my 96 g16a . I really do not need over a 3" . I am only going to run 20" tires . But I can not find a 3" spindle lift for my g16 . Most I find is for a g22 and later . All the ones I see for the g16 is 6" lift . Am I missing something .

I really dont thing I want the cheep lift kit that I see that has plates in front and shock spacers in the rear .

Also some of the taller lift kits say you have to run a 1" offset wheel . I will be running stock wheels with a 20" tire .

Hope someone can steer me in the right direction .
workingstiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-07-2017, 07:20 AM   #2
workingstiff
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 3" spindle lift g16 , Cant find one

Well , No response must confirm my suspicion that there is no 3" spindle lift for my g16 . I noticed there is a 5" arm lift from jakes . May have to look into a higher lift if I am going to get one . Just did not need a taller lift for 20" tires .

Also can some one answer why jakes say requires 10" or above wheels with this 5" lift . Is the 10" for wheel diameter or wheel width . My guess would be diameter to clear the new arm from rubbing the wheel .
Old 03-07-2017, 07:39 AM   #3
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

4" lift from Steeling, and 20x20-10 Sahara Classics. The lift is more like 5" in the rear.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170227_122601.jpg (540.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpeg 4 in. lift.jpeg (138.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20170224_125711.jpg (371.8 KB, 0 views)
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 07:39 AM   #4
MrNeon
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I have a used Jakes 6" A-Arm lift for a G16 for sale if your interested. Jakes now advertises the same lift as 5" but I'm not sure why the 1" difference unless it was truly 5" all the time..LOL It does require 10" wheels and it is because of clearance. I also have 10" tires for sale too. They make a 3" spindle lift kit as well but I do not know anyone that has installed it.
MrNeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 09:18 AM   #5
workingstiff
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in VA View Post
4" lift from Steeling, and 20x20-10 Sahara Classics. The lift is more like 5" in the rear.
Dave thanks for the pictures . I had seen that kit . Was not sure how well it performed . Looks like the front would be ok . Did you have to do anything to the steering linkage to keep things working correct . If I used that kit I was going to add a goal post bar in the rear to stiffen it up and keeping it from moving .

Also why the offset on the front lift plates . Is this just to move the tires forward for bigger tires to clear while turning .

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNeon View Post
I have a used Jakes 6" A-Arm lift for a G16 for sale if your interested. Jakes now advertises the same lift as 5" but I'm not sure why the 1" difference unless it was truly 5" all the time..LOL It does require 10" wheels and it is because of clearance. I also have 10" tires for sale too. They make a 3" spindle lift kit as well but I do not know anyone that has installed it.
MrNeon , The jakes was to be the only other option for the g16 . The 3" spindle lift was for the g22 and newer . It will not fit the g16 per jakes phone call .

I would be interested in what you have . You can send me a private message with a picture of what the tires are , also would like to know the tire size. I do not need too aggressive of a tire because I do run over yards with it . All Terrain would be preferable if that is what you have . Also let me know what you are thinking on price and maybe we can work something out .
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha