lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-23-2017, 04:02 PM   #1
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default G1 tinkering

Tinkering on the G1 this weekend. Had some questions like what form of sorcery is this sensor deal located in the exhaust? i thought it was just a tube for the butterfly operation but don't get how it works. Any thoughts?

Replaced the motor mounts and not real happy with them as they are aftermarket. they just didn't have that OE fitment. Also installed the tension cable as it was completely missing. Now my cart VIBRATES like crazy when cruising, could the new mounts be the issue?

What do you think about my plug color. Looks a nice brown to me but thought id get opinions.

I serviced both clutches today. What i thought was going to be a simple shoe replacement for the ramps on the secondary ended up driving me to the mad house! Whats the secret with these. I broke one, drilled out another and only ended up doing one section (forward as the reverse ones looked ok). I sanded out the holes and applied lube to them and still had a heck of time with them. They didn't want to seat all the way so I'm hoping some run time will get them to seat completly.

In the manual it mentioned preloading the secondary spring and i gotta tell you I'm not sure i got this part. i had such a hard time trying to push it in and hold it and trying to install the key and outer sheave i don't think i preloaded it.....what are the issues and symptoms of no or not enough preload?

Installed a new to me muffler that was BBQ'ed and has NO HOLES IN IT and the down pipe is attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1481.jpg (148.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1482.jpg (156.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1479.jpg (73.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1471.jpg (72.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1472.jpg (73.2 KB, 0 views)
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-23-2017, 10:07 PM   #2
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G1 tinkering

There's two things in the exhaust what you have pictured has to do with the oil injection if it was me id pull it out and weld the hole shut and delete the oil injection and pre mix fuel 100:1 as for the butterfly in the exhaust either wire it open or take the manifold off and completely remove it ramp shoes can be a pain to seat if you're trying to do it with clutch still on cart just work then with a punch and small hammer spark plug looks good you want a cardboard brown color
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 11:49 PM   #3
yamarancher
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Ya don't preload the springs on a g1, what I do is put the spring in a vise clamp it shut & put 2 zip ties on it, then assemble & cut the zip ties off.
yamarancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 10:05 AM   #4
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I do have the oil injection system removed. I installed an exhaust in better shape than what i had. I had never seen that "sensor" before and was curious to how it worked.

That plug is with me pre mixing at 50:1 i do however wonder the effects of it with the new exhaust system as the one did have holes in it.

I think my vibrations is a combination of things. the one motor mount is hitting the hard fuel line on the right rear. I'm thinking i need to pull off the exhaust and reseat it on the flange going into the motor, those sealing rings where as hard going on as off and the muffler did not seem to want to set in its cradle like the old one did.

I'm also wondering if some of the vibrations is from having a muffler that has no holes in it. This thing seems waaayy to quiet.
Old 12-25-2017, 05:31 PM   #5
expo
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

The plug color indicates a happy, well breathing engine
expo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 11:40 AM   #6
Lochlin
Gone Wild

50 to 1 seems a bit light to me. I go with around 90-1 because I have some other carts that use mix and 90-1 is pretty much the average for all of them combined. That plug looks ok but, just my opinion, it looks like you might be running lean. My plugs all seem more dark. Again, just my 2 cents and my experience only.

My G1 is the quietest cart I have so I wouldn't be too concerned about the lack of noise.

That metal gas line can be bent some so I wouldn't be too concerned about getting it away from the engine. Heck, if need be you could even replace it with rubber.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 06:50 PM   #7
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

isn't 90:1 leaner than 50:1?

I'm going to remove the exhaust and "reset" the motor mounts. loosen them and see what kinda movement i have. Ill have to see what to do about that fuel line while I'm in there.
Old 12-26-2017, 10:41 PM   #8
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Yes it is I ran mine a lot of hard miles at 100:1 little smoke and never had issues 50:1 is pretty thick
Old 12-27-2017, 08:53 AM   #9
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeasis View Post
isn't 90:1 leaner than 50:1?
Yep. Poor post composition on my part. I meant the "lean" statement to be different than the mix chat. Let me explain better:

Independent from the mix, it looks like your cart might be running lean. I was always under the believe that brown / white plugs mean that fuel flow is a little lacking, charcoal / black plugs are where you want to be, wet plugs mean you are getting too much fuel.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 10:57 AM   #10
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochlin View Post
Yep. Poor post composition on my part. I meant the "lean" statement to be different than the mix chat. Let me explain better:

Independent from the mix, it looks like your cart might be running lean. I was always under the believe that brown / white plugs mean that fuel flow is a little lacking, charcoal / black plugs are where you want to be, wet plugs mean you are getting too much fuel.
"Cardboard" brown is ideal color on plugs
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha