lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-18-2019, 05:27 PM   #1
Handy Randy
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default gas ez go low oil switch wiring

not sure of year 4 cycle 2 cliinder e z go the wire connected to oil switch is not hooked up on other end i cant find schematic that show where it goes. can someone advise. it may be early 90s marathon body
Handy Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-19-2019, 08:54 AM   #2
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Default Re: gas ez go low oil switch wiring

All you need is to extend that existing (white?) wire and connect to one side of a 12v lamp, and the other side of the lamp goes to either a permanent or switched live from the ignition switch. When the oil is low pressure, the lamp will illuminate. Simples!! The ign switch will only be live when the floor pedal is pushed. So, when you turn the ignition on, then push the go pedal, the lamp should illuminate briefly then go out again once oil pressure is high enough to activate the switch. If the lamp comes on while the engine is running, then you have low oil pressure.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 08:49 AM   #3
Handy Randy
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

thank you I will hook it to ing.
Old 11-27-2019, 08:46 AM   #4
Handy Randy
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

the problem i am haveing is i have no spark at the plugs. i have installed new coil,inghter,and pulser coil all ing parts are new i though the oil switch was supose to be in the loop with ing. there is no light on this old of cart. wiring digrams i have found do not show a oil switch at all. maybe someone has a older cart they could look at and advise me where the wire goes
Old 11-27-2019, 09:24 AM   #5
gotti
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy Randy View Post
the problem i am haveing is i have no spark at the plugs. i have installed new coil,inghter,and pulser coil all ing parts are new i though the oil switch was supose to be in the loop with ing. there is no light on this old of cart. wiring digrams i have found do not show a oil switch at all. maybe someone has a older cart they could look at and advise me where the wire goes
Is this what you are talking about? Mine on my cart was disconnected when I got it. Once I connected it, saw why. My cart was not reporting any oil pressure, so the light never went off. I have sense replaced the oil pump, oil pump cover and added a analog gauge. My oil pressure light goes off now because I am finally getting oil pressure.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Presentation1.jpg (90.2 KB, 0 views)
gotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 09:26 AM   #6
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy Randy View Post

The oil pressure light is/was optional and whether it's hooked up or not has nothing to do with the ignition spark.
big mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO