lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-05-2020, 04:40 PM   #1
buzzlowe
Not Yet Wild

Default Solenoid won't engage

I have a 94 Gas Ez Go. the starter solenoid wont engage. I tested the micro switch in the floor and have juice going through it when I step on the pedal. I unhooked the small wire on the solenoid and tested that and have juice going through it when i step on the pedal. Once I attach it to the solenoid step on the pedal and no juice.I figure solenoid was shorted so I replaced it. I get the same thing. I can jump the solenoid from the top posts to the small wire post and it will energize and cart will turn over. I'm at my wits end.Does anyone have an idea where I should look next?

Buzz
buzzlowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-06-2020, 01:59 PM   #2
buzzlowe
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Solenoid won't engage

Update: in case anyone is interested I ended up tracing it to the wire that feeds power to the switch. There is juice on it until it calls for a load then it quits. I replaced that wire and works fine now
buzzlowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 02:22 PM   #3
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Solenoid won't engage

Thanks for the update was clicking to come in and try to help
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO