lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-20-2020, 03:10 PM   #1
Kevsdad01
Not Yet Wild

Default ‘95 ezgo no spark. I’m lost

‘95 ezgo 4 stroke. Finally got it to turn over using the pedal. Have changed everything and still no spark. I’ve changed the starter relay, cdi, voltage regulator, coil, and pulse coil and still no spark. Am I missing something? I’ve gone thru the wiring diagram and verified all is correct. I’ve ohm all that can be ohm to make sure parts are good. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Last edited by Kevsdad01; 12-20-2020 at 03:20 PM.. Reason: Spell check
Kevsdad01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-20-2020, 06:09 PM   #2
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ‘95 ezgo no spark. I’m lost

Take a photo of the front of your engine bay, and the solenoid. I would like to see how its wired. Make sure you have continuity through the double connector on the reverse micro switch. Start checking continuity on wires through connectors. If everything is wired right, may be a bad ignitor. The black box mounted next to the starter solenoid. No known way of testing them.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 12:28 AM   #3
Kevsdad01
Not Yet Wild

The reverse micro switch isn’t wired in. Wouldn’t it still fire if I’m neutral? I replaced the ignitor. That’s what I’m call the cdi.
Kevsdad01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 08:33 AM   #4
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

There are two red wires that "pass through" the reverse micro switch. they need to be connected. They don't necessarily need to be on the switch, but they need to be connected. For lack of a better word, the micro-switch is spliced off them using a double spade connector.
Old 12-21-2020, 08:35 AM   #5
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Also, is your ignitor aftermarket or OEM? They aren't testable, and from what I have read, the aftermarket ones are suspect new from the factory. Do you know your old one was bad? I'd wire that reverse switch back up the way it is supposed to be, and put the old ignitor back in...bet it fires.
Old 03-15-2022, 12:13 PM   #6
huff8422
Not Yet Wild

I'm having same problem all electronics are new and its wired correctly but no spark
huff8422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 12:23 PM   #7
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by huff8422 View Post
I'm having same problem all electronics are new and its wired correctly but no spark
Its best if you start your own post under New Thread in this section. Include your year model and exactly what all has been done.
trig123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO