lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-17-2011, 12:19 PM   #1
mod9
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default my weekend project

last weekend i purchased my first cart which is a 1987 ezgo with a 244cc 2pg motor in it. the owner said it didn't run but him being a small engine repair shop owner said he thought it was a carburetor problem. that being said i got it home and jumped on the carb.noticed that it didn't have any fuel in the lines. took the fuel pump off along with the carb and cleaned everything.put it all back together and primed the pump but still had no fuel getting to the carb.took carb back off and found that the needle that allows the fuel to go into the bowl was froze up and stuck.got it freed up and waalaa.

runs great.
IMG_0088.jpg
now to make it so i can haul the kids with me and the wife around the race track. do allot of research before attacking a task and found this web site forum to be a HUGE help.the links about rear seats are very very helpful.

off to the steel yard i go .i purchased 40 ft of 1x1 square tubing (.83 wall) along with 20 ft of 1inch angle iron (3/16) and 10 ft of 1 1/2 angle(again 3/16) IMG_0092.jpgIMG_0091.jpg

measuring and welding, grinding , are some of my favorite things to do.i started in and about 8 hours later i took the boys for a ride down the neighbor hod for a spin on the back.
IMG_0096.jpgIMG_0097.jpg
i built the seat so it will flip open into a flat bed (the wife's mandatory option.so it can haul a cooler) all i have to do left is a little more grinding and then its off to the powder coater.lucky me that i have a buddy with a oven big enough for all the parts to fit in all at once..i built this thing so i can unbolt it in pieces to take off.should work out.

next weekend put it all back together add seat padding and put in some corrugated steel flooring for the bed and foot rest areas..
mod9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-17-2011, 05:55 PM   #2
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: my weekend project

Fantastic work I applaude your artistry

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 06:35 PM   #3
mod9
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

thank you dave. i did notice right away that the back end is alot heavier now. do you or anyone else know what the spring rate of the stock springs are? i am going to be looking for some stiffer ones.
Old 07-17-2011, 07:01 PM   #4
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

It is recommended to use HD springs if you fit a rear seat. Here are some 5 leaf but the're are kind of expensive. Second item down.

http://golfcardiscounters.com/cart/Ezgo/10.php

Dave
Old 07-17-2011, 07:09 PM   #5
mod9
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

well thats where im getting a little confused about these carts.i dont have a leaf in the back .i have a coil spring.....is that normal for this year? if it is i cannot find anywhere what the rate of the coil spring is.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:32 PM   #6
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

What was I thinking, especially as I have an 86 with coils as well. My bad
Dave
Old 07-17-2011, 10:09 PM   #7
mod9
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

that ok dave i have those moments more and more.just ask my wife and kids.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:27 AM   #8
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

HA !!!! Finally Dave slips and shows his vulnerability, Mwahahahahaha !!!!!

(actually I was reading this with a stupid look on MY face too, thinking "coils ...Leafs ... ???" which just goes to show how I generally just grab whatever Dave says as gospel, even if it confuses the heck outta me :)

Onto your issue, there are 2 things I've seen sone, they DO make stiffer, heavy-duty coils for the Marathon but I have been seeing less and less of them on Ebay, etc - try one of the site sponsors or maybe buggiesunlimited - the other option (which might work for you if you plan on doing any heavy hauling with that seat flipped into a deck) would be to find a compatible set of air shocks (although be sure you have decided not to do a lift, etc down the road before you invest, otherwise you'll be hunting down another set when you do)
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO