lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-12-2014, 12:51 AM   #11
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: My 1998 Club Car DS project

looks like you have the butterfly so thats not the problem im guessing that someone adjusted the governer all the way on the rear end the cables attach to the throttle and their should be a 10 mm adjustment nut connected to a spring , start loosening it until it backs down the rpms
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-12-2014, 09:17 AM   #12
SickPup404
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

One more question:

Should the butterfly move if I push on the choke or gas pedal? I don't think it does, or if it does move, it's not very much.
SickPup404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:22 AM   #13
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

should move with the gas pedal only
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 10:35 PM   #14
SickPup404
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Well, today was a nice day which gave me the chance to work on the buggy.

I'm sure she was in shock getting all this TLC after all these years:
- Oil/filter change
- Fresh gas
- Sta-Bil
- Sea Foam
- Spark plug
- Fuel lines
- Fuel filters
- Starter belt
- Drive belt
- Grease fittings full
- Carb
- Fuel pump
- New battery
- Washed top to bottom
- Tire pressures set

Now it seems the last issue is in sight.

When you press the gas pedal to go, it releases the brake almost immediately when you press on it, but it doesn't fire the engine until the pedal is about 1/3 to 1/2 way depressed. That means when it fires up, it wants to do a hole shot almost... One the engine is running, you can back it down and feather it so it will run slow.

Is there some way to adjust the timing of when the engine kicks in to a lower throttle setting, or is this normal?
Old 03-09-2014, 01:33 PM   #15
SickPup404
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Well, just a quick update - Finally had another nice day and got the cart working sweet!

Previously, when you pressed down on the gas pedal, it released the brake pawl almost immediately, but it didn't fire up the engine until the pedal is about 1/2 way to the floor. That was making the whole ride jerky, but once you got it feathered out, it will run slow.

Ended up lengthening the accelerator rod between the pedal on electrics box by about 1/4-1/2" and the micro-switches click to start just after the brake pawl clicks off. Then backed the throttle cable out of the box about as far as it would go.

Now she creeps right along nice, quiet, and slow, but I can still get good speed if I need to!

No onward to customize!!!! Let's see... Lights, 12v fuse bus, fans, gun rack, camo skin... What else? :D
Old 03-10-2014, 11:37 AM   #16
SickPup404
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have another question, this time on the roof. Seems like a lot of people have similar questions for this.

As you can see in the third pic in my first post above (the one of the cargo box), the roof struts and seat brackets are for the bag holder still.

I think I need to order the Nivel #17709 (here at East Coast Custom Carts) to replace the roof struts to get them out of the way of the cargo box. Is this the right one?

What do I do about the seat brackets? They still have the bend in them that juts into the cargo box area. Do I just cut them off with a hack saw/saws-all? They are item #18 in the IPL on pp. 2-12, 2-13, CC #1011708.

I want to get them out of the way so I can put a gun rack in the box area. I don't want those bracket ends anywhere near my shotguns/rifles with any chance of dings/scratches!

Thanks!
Old 03-10-2014, 11:39 AM   #17
SickPup404
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

BTW, I think there should be a left and right bracket, but the picture of the Nivel appears to have two of the same?
Old 03-24-2014, 02:45 PM   #18
Kal
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

What kind of gun rack are you mounting on the cart?
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 11:28 PM   #19
SickPup404
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I picked up
one of these one of these
to mount in the center of the cargo box between the seats. This is mostly going to be a sporting clays rig, but that mount has thumb screws to remove it from the base plate.

Uncle uses the same one in his Kubota and I liked it there, gives room on both sides for range bags and a cooler.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:43 PM   #20
Kal
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Interesting, I was curious. I had something like that on my old cart and it held the guns ok, I just wasn't happy with the location (mounted on the floor). This time I'm leaning towards scabbards mounted outside of the cart so they stay out of my way.
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car