lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-13-2014, 08:18 PM   #1
wheelstorejoe
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default club car fuel issue?

Hey guys,

I have a 2002 club car gas that runs really well for a bit then acts like it's not getting fuel... I have replaced all fuel filters and fuel lines, but it will cough and then die and then it will be hard to get going again, then it will run fine again for a short while and then have a problem again.

Anyone have this problem and can point me in the right direction?
wheelstorejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-14-2014, 03:10 AM   #2
KillerCC
Call me Rich

Club Car

Default Re: club car fuel issue?

Look at disassembling the fuel pump. Make sure the rubber "thingies" are ok and theres no sediment blocking flow. If thats ok, carb rebuild/replace may be in order.
you said you replaced the fuel lines, did that include the vacuum line to the pump also cuz sometimes those can become restricted also.
KillerCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:45 AM   #3
Mark27
Getting Wild

Club Car

I don't know about the 2002s, but in older CCs, you get a similar reaction if the butterfly valve in the carb is not open / closing completely. It feels like you ran out of gas, then will start up (with difficulty), run a while, and "run out of gas again". At least on the older ones it is simple enough to look at it and make sure it closes properly. Check there if you can.
Mark27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:06 PM   #4
tpg
Gone Wild
Club Car

if your gas tank does not have a vent tube try loosening the gas cap. Your cap may be bad or for the wrong year.
tpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 12:54 PM   #5
T.Hill56
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

You can run a hose from a container to gravity feed the carb and narrow down the possibilities. Also, check the pulse line from the engine immediately after it shuts down. Disconnect from the pump and blow in the line. If you feel restriction you have oil climbing into the pulse line shutting down the pump. Common problem with both over-full and high wear engines.
T.Hill56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:19 PM   #6
wheelstorejoe
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Finally getting back to it. Thank you all for your suggestions. I will clean the carb and replace the vent tube, as i have not done that yet. Will let you know what I find.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:11 AM   #7
wheelstorejoe
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Still chasing it. Cleaned carb all jets etc.

Will pull apart fuel pump next.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car