lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2014, 04:14 PM   #1
ET14
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Dad's Cart Died

My Dadis in his mid 80's, lives in Wisconsin and uses his 94 Club Car Gas Golf Cart to go down the drive way to get the mail every day. Has been doing it for years never an issue. A few months ago he pulled it into it's parking place in the garage and the next day he said it didn't start. He put a new battery in it, and nothing. I went and looked at it and did simple things but noticed it had no spark.

I Read up on what to do, (Jack of all trades Master of NONE!) Deducted that I should change the coil and igniter. So I ordered them, Pulled the engine the other day gave it a good once over changed the parts drained oile new filter since it was right there on my work bench. Installed motor back into cart hooked everything back up ready to be the hero and nothing. Still no spark.
I guess my lengthy story here is for these 2 things.
1. Does the Rev/RPM Limiter prevent spark?
2. Is it the Rev/RPM Limiter or something else???

I have sprayed /cleaned the contacts for thr Forward/Reverse micro switches.
Same thing for the accelerator /start switch in the fuse box by the battery.
I am stumped!
ET14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-27-2014, 05:29 PM   #2
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Dad's Cart Died

Did you change the spark-plug?Fuses all good?Is it getting proper voltage in the proper locations(Igniter,key-switch,etc...).Are all the grounds good and cleaned?No broken/frayed wires?Go to the Club Car Gas section and you can find a wiring-diagram for the cart.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 05:36 PM   #3
ET14
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I've done the disconnect the ground wire from the Limiter trick and nothing changed. I have changed the fuse but have not read any of voltage going here or there. Grounds are all good and like I have said he goes up and down a black top drive way, so I havent examined the whole length of the wires. They are all tucked in place and clean... I can try that though. Thanks
Old 03-27-2014, 07:52 PM   #4
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

in the black box you will see two microswitches that activates when you depress the pedal stacked on top of each other one is goes to the starter solenoid and the other is the kill switch im guessing you need check that first one of those micro switches could be bad
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:56 PM   #5
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...-diagrams.htmlin the black box you will see two microswitches that activates when you depress the pedal stacked on top of each other one is goes to the starter solenoid and the other is the kill switch im guessing you need check that first one of those micro switches could be bad number if and 18 on the wiring diagram the red and black wirehttp://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...-diagrams.html
Old 03-27-2014, 09:32 PM   #6
ET14
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Is there a way to jump the micro switch or bypass it?
Old 03-27-2014, 09:52 PM   #7
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

yes you can, i cannot remember if thats a normally open or normally you can tell by the blade that its connected to on the switch nc or no will be marked on the side ,either way it doesnt matter just disconnect the red wire and try to start it if that dont work jumper the red and black wire together and see if that works
Old 03-27-2014, 10:07 PM   #8
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Rich,do the micro-switches cut ignition-power?,I was under the assumption that he has it turning over,but no spark.I haven't done much with Club Cars,not real familiar with their electrical.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:12 PM   #9
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

yea the micro switchs on the throttle is the kill switch for the engine , it won't start if that switch gets stuck , who knows how many coils have been replaced before the 2 dollar micro switches, but it will crank all day since their are two switches one goes to the solenoid and the other to the ignition kill
Old 03-28-2014, 05:12 AM   #10
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

A very simple test for nobuck's micro/kill circuit idea,

~Open the electrical components box,
~Disconnect the solid black wire from the top micro, and see if it will start,

If it doesn't start, it's not the micro, reconnect the wire and close up the box.
If it does start, it the micro switch!
Note: the engine won't shut down when releasing the go pedal... you'll have to turn the key off!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car