lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-28-2012, 04:53 PM   #1
JRantz
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default New batteries and now no power

So this is how the story goes... I finally coughed up the cash to get some new, much needed, batteries. The old ones would not fully charge so the auto charger did not cut off and boiled the acid water out of the batteries, so I had acid everywhere. Once I got the batteries out I washed down the tray and scraped the acid off. Then I go swap out my old batteries and throw the new ones in. After everything is wired up I take a peek at the voltage meter and it not on. After taking a look at the wiring I realized I had connected the positive wire to the negative terminal and vise versa. (rookie mistake) ... After correcting that the voltmeter shows a full charge but I get no power and the reverse horn does not even come on. I have power at the at the controller and power at the motor but I think the switch may have gotten fried. Any advise on what it could be or what to do?
JRantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-28-2012, 05:15 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New batteries and now no power

Verify the cable from B+ on battery pack goes the the solenoid and B- cable from battery pack goes to B- on controller.

Also, be sure to fully charge new batteries before use and break them in properly to get max storage capacity.
http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Batter...n_Methods.html

Last edited by JohnnieB; 01-28-2012 at 05:30 PM.. Reason: Added drawing and info
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:20 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If the solenoid is not clicking when you try to go you may have fried the positive power to the F&R micro switches or the peddle box micro switch... either way the MS are the weakest link in this situation and they melt like little fuses....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:50 PM   #4
JRantz
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The cables are correct and there is a clicking when I press the peddle but it comes from under the peddle, not the solenoid on the controller.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:04 PM   #5
JRantz
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Where are the micro switches and what do they look like?
Old 01-28-2012, 06:06 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Please correct me if I am wrong, but is this the same 2007 PDS with tall tires and a stock controller?
If so, it doesn't have the microswitches on the F/R switch, just the one in the pedal box.

Also, was it only the SoC wired backwards, or the entire battery pack?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:04 PM   #7
JRantz
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

correct.. it is a 07 pds with a stock controller and tall tires. As far as the microswitches.. no idea maybe scottie can chime in..

the new battery pack was wired in series and the cables that went to the positive, I hooked to the neg and vise versa. As far as the connections at the motor and at the solenoid/controller... they were never disconnected.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:45 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Oh, Like JB said... PDS cart is different. No MS switches on the F&R .... F&R switching is done inside the controller.
You may have fried the controller... Honestly I am not sure I have never tried hooking one up backwards. I suggest you check the solenoid activation circuit and see if both parts (+ and -) are present on the small terminals when you try to go.

In other words connect your meter black lead to the small solenoid post with the blue wire on it & connect the meter red lead to the other small terminal and press the gas = you should read 36v.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:05 PM   #9
rib33024

It could be the reed switch, do as scotty said and tell us what you find
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 09:15 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
It could be the reed switch, do as scotty said and tell us what you find
Last reed switches were 2004, in 2005 they came out with a fused + lead so like RIB says ~ check that fuse.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO