lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-25-2012, 12:13 PM   #11
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Anyone know what this wire is?

Yes, ground is ground, hot and ground together hooked wrong could cause problems
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2012, 02:25 PM   #12
D-A
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dela View Post
I cut them a few days back and not sure which is red - can I screw it up if I connect them backwards?
Try to peel back the harness wiring to see if you can see what color the wires inside it are. If you use a razor knife be real careful not to cut into the insulation on the wires inside the harness.

This should will allow you tell which is red. You may have to pull some of the harness forward and cut any snap ties. The red maybe pale, but you should be albe to tell the difference from the blk one.
D-A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:03 PM   #13
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

Thanks D-A!

I've got them back hooked up, but nothing...

Lights work as they did before, but nothing happens when I hit the brake pedal.
Dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:27 PM   #14
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

FWIW---- I looked at my cart('00 TXT) which has the factory harness and brake lights which are currently working. On my cart the red wire from the harness goes to the black wire coming from the brake pedal. I hesitate to mention this because it contradicts what DA said and he sounds knowledgeable in this area.
Also, as has been said, there is a micro switch on the pedal and it will make a faint(compared to the solenoid) click when it activates the lights. Don't forget they require 12v power.
The brake pedal should be "floating" on two springs. This is a weak area and likely needs to be rebuilt. In my case the right spring is broken and my brake lights only work if you step on the left side of the pedal. The rebuild kit is not expensive but so far I have been chicken to try it.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:33 PM   #15
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

I think you are right. Looking at the wire diagram it does say red to blk, and white to brn
(?)

Going to switch them now.

thanks man!!
Old 04-25-2012, 04:00 PM   #16
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

That did it!! - You Da Man!!

One wire actually is brown, tough to see under the cart - but yup, Red to Black, White to Brown - lights brighten when you hit the brake and I can hear the lil' click in the solenoid (?).

Thanks bro, good looking out!
Old 04-25-2012, 04:08 PM   #17
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

OK!!!!!!!

The little click is actually a micro switch in the pedal.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:36 PM   #18
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

LostHusker was right.... I should have just studied

Thanks all for the help - what a membership!
Old 04-26-2012, 07:47 AM   #19
D-A
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dela View Post
I think you are right. Looking at the wire diagram it does say red to blk, and white to brn
(?)

Going to switch them now.

thanks man!!
Dela, my apologies! Mine was wire opposite, I went by they way I rec'd the cart, sorry! See attached.
Just looked at mine (had to untape the whole thing and cut off a couple of snap ties) and I was completely wrong putting what I put. Mine is wired red to wht and brn to blk, I must have used the diagram also. Hate when I do this! Sorry again, just threw my creditability out the window. The old saying "think before you speak", well I should of "looked before I typed"!

Kernal, I had to replace the brake springs and rubber spacers. Wasn't tough, but putting it back together took a little more patients. I also used ss screw and nuts so if I have to take it apart again it will be much easier.
My cart had the brake wires cut because the brake stand off springs & rubber nuts were bad. This caused the pedal to act like the brake was being depressed, in turn closing the micro switch keeping the brake lights on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Golf cart pics 026.jpg (114.8 KB, 0 views)
D-A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:57 AM   #20
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

Not a problem D-A, appreciate the help regardless.

You should switch it though, and check the wiring from each taillight to each other. Those were screwed on mine as well.

Now that it's all wired correctly my parking brake turns them on SUPER bright, about 2 to 3 times as bright as when in "running light" mode.

Ordering the turn signals today

I've decided to go all out and get this thing street legal as a LSV. Might just sell my A6 and cruise the A .23 from here on out!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO