lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2012, 05:43 PM   #11
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

Default Re: Wiring help

Orange goes on "D" side micro of FNR

Both blues on "B" side micro

Blue from solenoid goes to "northern" micro terminal -should be COM

Other blue from ignition on other "B" micro terminal

The Black wire is your reverse beeper and that thing is annoying, so ignore it

Or hook it up to the open "beeper speaker" terminal

**DISCLAIMER** These are all "should bees" - I take no responsibility for sparks and/or "oh ****'s"
Dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-06-2012, 05:53 PM   #12
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

If you think you feel frustrated, look what I just went through!!

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...r-working.html

And I'm STILL not rolling!
Old 05-06-2012, 06:09 PM   #13
kingcobra
Not Yet Wild

ok ive got the cart charging and am ready to give it a shot one last thing i know im pushing it but do you by chance remember witch wire go to the solenoid i have it hooked up but just wanted to double check before i give it a try u seem like the fist person ive talked to on this forum that has helped me and not confused or frustrated me thanks
kingcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:17 PM   #14
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

I'm going to cut and paste what JohnnieB told me. You've got to read through that thread, it's actually kind of funny. If you think your asking a lot, when you see the questions I asked and how often you'll be surprised they didn't close my account!!

From JohnnieB:

There are four terminals on the solenoid. Two big and two small.
One of the two big ones should have a heavy cable coming from Pos. Terminal on Right-Front battery and the other one should have a short heavy cable going to B+ terminal on controller. There is also a 250 Ohm resister between the two big terminals on the solenoid. That is all that is on the big terminals.

The two small terminals on the solenoid have wires rather than heavy cables.
One small terminal should have two red wires on it. One red wire goes to Pin-1 on controller, the other goes to MS-2 on F/R assembly.
The other small terminal should have two black wires on it. One goes to B- terminal on controller and other one goes to beeper on F/R assembly.
There is a diode between the two small terminals. The banded end of the diode attaches to the small terminal with the red wires attached.

Because your cart may have been rewired at some point in time, the color of the wires might be different, but where they connect should be the same no matter what color they are.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:16 PM   #15
kingcobra
Not Yet Wild

ok all done tried cart when i push accelerator i can hear solenoid engage but no go the cart sat outside all winter and one of the batteries cracked open due to freezing the others did not but when i plug the charger in it shuts off after a half hour or so and gives me a code saying they are fully charged so i used a multimeter to check the voltage of the batteries they all are reading 6.3 volts but cant be right because they should be dead after sitting out all winter without charge not sure how much voltage the motor will need to engage i think batteries are junk but not sure why they are reading the voltage they are bein they have no charge any ideas no battery expert
Old 05-06-2012, 07:24 PM   #16
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

ScottyB is the guy to ask about batteries
Old 05-06-2012, 08:20 PM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Leave the meter connected to the pack and tell us what the whole battery pack voltage drops to when you try to go.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:45 PM   #18
kingcobra
Not Yet Wild

i checked the voltage by putting the neg probe on the neg end of the the first battery and the pos probe on the last battery pos terminal and the meter was reading 24.3 volts and when i pressed the gas pedal the voltage didnt seem to change i also checked it at the motor only 12.1 volts on top terminals
Old 05-07-2012, 09:30 AM   #19
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

In reading through this thread, I'm not sure if you've got a Marathon or Medalist, so you might be getting some conflicting information.

Let's get everybody on the same page.

Does you battery pack look like the first or the second drawing?

If it is like the first, it is a Marathon and the info from Dela is for a Medalist.
If it is the second, it is a Medalist and the schematic posted by scottyb is for a Marathon.

Fortunately, Marathon carts with controllers and Medalist carts with series wound motors are wired pretty much the same electrically.

On the other hand, if it is a Medalist, they were built with two different KSI (Key-Switch. Interlock) circuits.
One with a Reed switch in the charger receptacle and one without, so there are two slightly different schematics for a Medalist.

If the backside of the charger receptacle has a small wire and two larger wires coming out, it is the Reed switch type. The Reed switch is where the KSI circuit picks up B+.
If there is only the two larger wires, the KSI circuit (Solenoid activation circuit or sometimes called ignition circuit) picks up B+ via a blue wire attached to the battery side main terminal of the solenoid.

------
Hopefully, you've got the rear wheels on jackstands while you are working on drive system.
Otherwise, it might take off unexpectedly and weighing half a ton, it can do some damage to people and things.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO