lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-28-2012, 05:22 PM   #1
sonnysmith
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default I need an answer,please.

I posted this question on the club car page without much input.
Now I will try on the page.
I have a Lester charger model number 25930 SCR 48 EL17-6.
I am trying to use this charger on a 2007 club car precedent

WILL IT WORK PROPERLY????? that's turn on,charge the batteries and then turn off. I have call Lester electronics and they have not call me back for the last 2 days.So I'm assuming it's not very important to them.I would say something about buying USA vs. Import,but I want at this time.
So if anyone Knows,Please post so I will know if i have to buy a new one.

Thanks all
Stumpy
sonnysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-02-2012, 09:19 PM   #2
sonnysmith
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: I need an answer,please.

Well no one new the answer to this question,or I didn't know the correct hand shake or pass word,but I found out this charger will not work on a club car.Found out very few off the shelve will work, if not made for club cars, with out some type of mod.

Hope this helps someone else.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:37 PM   #3
0517murphy
Redneck in Southside

Club Car

I'm sure it was not because of hand shake or password, just nobody had the answer, sometimes that happens. glad you found the answer
0517murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:20 AM   #4
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I am not familiar with Club Car, but I have heard that CC uses their on board circuitry in conjunction with their charger for charging their batteries. As I'm not familiar with how they do it, I would not connect a foreign charger directly into their system. I'm sure your Lester charger would charge your cart batteries (assuming the charger and cart battery voltages match), but you should isolate the batteries from the cart system first. Be sure to follow CC procedures for disconnecting batteries. Does the CC operators manual cover battery charging with other than their charger ?? CC or a CC dealer would be the best source for answering your question. Hope this helps. - RAY
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:34 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstik40 View Post
I am not familiar with Club Car, but I have heard that CC uses their on board circuitry in conjunction with their charger for charging their batteries. As I'm not familiar with how they do it, I would not connect a foreign charger directly into their system. I'm sure your Lester charger would charge your cart batteries (assuming the charger and cart battery voltages match), but you should isolate the batteries from the cart system first. Be sure to follow CC procedures for disconnecting batteries. Does the CC operators manual cover battery charging with other than their charger ?? CC or a CC dealer would be the best source for answering your question. Hope this helps. - RAY
Bigstick's answer is the correct answer.
Thank you BS40
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:19 PM   #6
sonnysmith
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I got an answer from Lester,they said I would not work.Only ones that will are club car charger.

Thanks all.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO