lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-05-2012, 08:11 AM   #1
rlw
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Location: Southeast Ohio -- "The Toenails of the Foothills of Appalachia"
Default It's ALIVE!

My '84 Marathon had its post-rebuild maiden voyage late yesterday. Seems to have more power with the 4 gauge cables than it did with the original 6 gauge.

I finished wiring up the lights yesterday, threw the batteries into the cart, and took about 500 lbs of human flesh for a ride to the back of our 6 acres.

Brakes need some adjusting - the hill brake won't hold. I backed 'em off with the turnbuckle trying to figure out why only one wheel turned when I had it up on blocks. I'll tighten that back up today.

Since the batteries are old/used, I just vampired off 12V from two of 'em for the lights. I'll get a DC-DC voltage converter before I put new batteries in it (that won't happen 'til next year).

Gonna finish up the struts for the roof today or tomorrow and get that done before our party on Saturday.

She's ugly as sin on the outside, but solid on the inside. I'll post a picture or two once I get the roof on.

Thanks to everyone here who gave advice on getting the old clunker running again.

RLW
rlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-05-2012, 09:24 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: It's ALIVE!

The cart has an open differential. One wheel will drive at a time. If you stop the drive wheel, the other one goes... enjoy the cart
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:31 AM   #3
rlw
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Location: Southeast Ohio -- "The Toenails of the Foothills of Appalachia"
Default Re: It's ALIVE!

Quote:
ScottyB: The cart has an open differential. One wheel will drive at a time. If you stop the drive wheel, the other one goes... enjoy the cart
Thanks, Scotty.

I tightened up the turnbuckle in the brake linkage - hill brake just *barely* holds it on a hill. I guess brakes are the next item on the to do list.

My wife, dog, and I took a ride over to the neighbor's farm to check on some of wind damage on his trails - probably drove it about a mile all told - still had some gumption. We'll see how these used batteries hold up.
rlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO