lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-17-2014, 09:28 PM   #31
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Default Re: Solenoid Clicks and Controller Flashes 7 times then solid green but no go. 2000 C

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Actually CC made both 0-5k and 5k-0 multistep V-glides.... the early 93-95 types were 2 wire 0-5k and later 97-99 (I think) were 3 wire 5k-0. Thank you T-Dawg for confirming.

The controller can be programmed for either 2 wire 0-5k or 3 wire 5k-0
Learned something new today, thanks Scotty!
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-18-2014, 08:32 AM   #32
Golfdog
Gone Wild

Default Re: Solenoid Clicks and Controller Flashes 7 times then solid green but no go. 2000 C

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93yellowclubcar View Post
Read post #21 - straight from the service manual. Ever seen the inside of a V-glide/multi-step potentiometer? Basically resistors stepped up the back of the contacts to add resistance as the throttle is pressed, hence 0-5k.
Your explanation of the movement is correct but the theory is reversed. At rest the sweeper arm (yellow wire) is adjacent to the 1st lug (purple wire) hence no resistance 0 ohms. as the throttle is pressed the sweeper progresses across the resistors and the resistance increases towards 5k.However the controller reads the resistance between the sweeper (yellow wire) and the 9th lug (black/white wire). These two are connected to the controller via spade plugs 2 and 3 on the controller, so at rest the resistance is 5k and pedal down reduces to 0 ohm. The manual probably uses the 0-5k reading because it easier to go up than down.!! If top speed is an issue then measuring between yellow and black/white would show if there is still resistance when the pedal is on the floor indicating that the sweeper has not got to the last segment.
Golfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 03:07 PM   #33
Gamingit7
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Just wanted to update everyone here on this post. I just got off the phone with Alltrax and they walked me through a couple things, then it got down to the F/R switch or the controller test. (moving the cable from M- to B-) and it failed on the side pointing to the controller. Now only to convince the Wife that I have to buy a new one. Any one have a 500A AXE for cheap or recommendations on a new one? And I want to say thank you all for the great advice throughout this!
Gamingit7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 04:35 PM   #34
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamingit7 View Post
Just wanted to update everyone here on this post. I just got off the phone with Alltrax and they walked me through a couple things, then it got down to the F/R switch or the controller test. (moving the cable from M- to B-) and it failed on the side pointing to the controller. Now only to convince the Wife that I have to buy a new one. Any one have a 500A AXE for cheap or recommendations on a new one? And I want to say thank you all for the great advice throughout this!
They won't replace it?
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 04:39 PM   #35
Gamingit7
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCFanatic View Post
They won't replace it?
bad thing is it was manufactured in 2011, although with the scenario of the cart it didnt move for pretty much the first 2 years the controller was installed (long story). But I might try and call them to see what they would do for me.
Gamingit7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 06:28 PM   #36
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You are 1.5 years past the end of the 2 yr warranty.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car