lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-21-2014, 09:17 PM   #11
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: MCOR Issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olman View Post
TahoeDawg---I found this post from MyMonstertruck:

Re: 2010 CC i2 excel 500amp conversion kit
wrong kit number sorry here is the right one
GE controller 51-FX503G021K

http://www.fsip.biz/Documents/GolfPO_web2012.pdf

open link let it down load for a minute or so then scroll down to pg 12
the 500 amp controller 51-FX503G021K is not on the pg. only the 300amp is. I called and got the 500amp controller #.
I see it.... I don't have any experience with that controller, but I'd best my last dollar that it's designed to work with a 4 pole speed magnet whereas a Curtis controller is not....
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-22-2014, 03:38 PM   #12
mymonstertruck
Gone Wild

Club Car

Fsip now has a Curtis 500amp controller for the excel system. I have the GE controller from fsip. Which cost me more $. And that was the only controller out at the time of my install. But I did have the executioner motor installed on the factory 250 amp Curtis excel controller with a speed code 4 and the cart would 28mph. But once I put in the 500amp controller it did 35mph.
mymonstertruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 07:15 PM   #13
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymonstertruck View Post
Fsip now has a Curtis 500amp controller for the excel system. I have the GE controller from fsip. Which cost me more $. And that was the only controller out at the time of my install. But I did have the executioner motor installed on the factory 250 amp Curtis excel controller with a speed code 4 and the cart would 28mph. But once I put in the 500amp controller it did 35mph.
Really starting to wonder if speed code 4 was even installed in my cart! I've got nothing good to say about King of Carts in SC as they sold me a refurbed cart with 3 bad batteries, turn signals and brake lights that don't work, brake rod loose, likely a bad MCOR... Plus it never went faster than 18 MPH with 22" tires.
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:08 PM   #14
mymonstertruck
Gone Wild

Club Car

If you had a code 4 installed with the stock tires and all stock setup your cart would go 19.5mph. If the tires were inflated properly and with no drag on the brakes. When I had my code 4 installed the dealer had to contact club car so could they mailed them the kit. All the kit included was a warning sticker to be placed on the dash and on the controller box which had the serial numbers to be programed into the controller. So for if any reason the controller was to get reset back to a lower speed code the owner would have the code numbers to be reprogrammed back into the controller.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:15 PM   #15
mymonstertruck
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
I see it.... I don't have any experience with that controller, but I'd best my last dollar that it's designed to work with a 4 pole speed magnet whereas a Curtis controller is not....
If I unplug the speed sensor my cart still runs perfectly fine. I wonder how they programmed my controller Dave?
Old 07-23-2014, 06:26 AM   #16
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
If you had a code 4 installed with the stock tires and all stock setup your cart would go 19.5mph. If the tires were inflated properly and with no drag on the brakes. When I had my code 4 installed the dealer had to contact club car so could they mailed them the kit. All the kit included was a warning sticker to be placed on the dash and on the controller box which had the serial numbers to be programed into the controller. So for if any reason the controller was to get reset back to a lower speed code the owner would have the code numbers to be reprogrammed back into the controller.
Never saw the cart with stock tires but top speed before installing your motor was 17 mph on 22" tires and with your motor, fresh battery and 2 gauge cables I'm seeing a max of 22 mph this really makes me question speed code 4 being installed. And there are no such stickers installed either.

The pricks that sold it to me are not even bothering to return emails anymore !!!
Old 07-23-2014, 08:44 AM   #17
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
If I unplug the speed sensor my cart still runs perfectly fine. I wonder how they programmed my controller Dave?
It's ignoring the sensor. It doesn't rely on it like the Curtis.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:50 PM   #18
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Okay so I installed a new MCOR and I've still got jerky operation when first starting out to which it did not seem to matter if I mashed the pedal or feathered it the cart would just quit. But I did notice that once I run the cart for a few minutes that it would work fine take off after take off. And top speed was no better either...
Old 07-23-2014, 01:08 PM   #19
mymonstertruck
Gone Wild

Club Car

If you were greeting 17mph with 22" tires you have a speed code 3 programed in the controller I would bet my cart on it. A code 3 will get you 16mph with stock tires so 17mph sounds absolutely right with a code 3 and 22" tires. You have two options get a code 4 programed into the controller to get more speed or a new controller. Don't forget to upgrade that solenoid. If you get that Curtis 500amp controller you will not be disappointed I promise. The code 4 runs $100-125 at the most. I paid $100.00 for my code when I had the stock controller. But I would get that Curtis controller.
Old 07-23-2014, 01:15 PM   #20
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

I've got a 1K relay coming and I figure on getting a 500 amp Curtis controller as our hood is quite hilly and I need to pick up both speed and torque alike....
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car