lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-29-2014, 05:53 AM   #11
GeneralLee
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: HID LIGHT KIT now cart won't move

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterman View Post
Not exactly sure all what you did but reverse everything you did for now, undo your lighting. What screws on the light kits you tighten? Little vague you need to be precise on what was done, exactly otherwise it is hard to troubleshoot via post on a web forum. Pictures would be a big help, your Volt meter will come with basic instructions, start there. You can actually damage parts that cost hundreds so make sure you understand and know what your doing first. Trying to stretch wires 4" seems to be a lot, probably not a good idea. Possibly you blew a fuse, burnt up the OBC or numerous other items.

In this forum is schematics, look up your year cart and get familiar with the schematic, it is very important to make electrical changes without anything powered, If necessary this may mean disconnecting your battery pack to be extra safe.
The screws I tightened were behind stock dash attached to the light pull out handle there is five screws and fuse with only two wires from HID lights the positive connection was loose once I tightened it everything worked. After I got lights working is where my dumb *** tried to make the new dashboard work.
GeneralLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-29-2014, 05:57 AM   #12
GeneralLee
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjance View Post
If you have a camera/camera phone can you post a picture of your battery compartment.
Here is the picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0303.jpg (128.7 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by GeneralLee; 07-29-2014 at 06:07 AM.. Reason: Added picture
Old 07-29-2014, 06:12 AM   #13
GeneralLee
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterman View Post
Not exactly sure all what you did but reverse everything you did for now, undo your lighting. What screws on the light kits you tighten? Little vague you need to be precise on what was done, exactly otherwise it is hard to troubleshoot via post on a web forum. Pictures would be a big help, your Volt meter will come with basic instructions, start there. You can actually damage parts that cost hundreds so make sure you understand and know what your doing first. Trying to stretch wires 4" seems to be a lot, probably not a good idea. Possibly you blew a fuse, burnt up the OBC or numerous other items.

In this forum is schematics, look up your year cart and get familiar with the schematic, it is very important to make electrical changes without anything powered, If necessary this may mean disconnecting your battery pack to be extra safe.
I have checked the fuse in the yellow case attached to the charging port and it seemed fine. I did this mistake Sunday night I charged it Sunday night when I woke up Monday morning the charger was off. Another thing while pushing it into the garage I noticed the roll away beeps and braking still works. Reverse buzzer works. No click from solenoid.
Old 07-29-2014, 06:21 AM   #14
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralLee View Post
Here is the picture.
. . . your RUN/TOW switch in this picture is in TOW . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 06:24 AM   #15
GeneralLee
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
. . . your RUN/TOW switch in this picture is in TOW . . .
I know I put it in TOW to push it into the garage and park it.
Old 07-29-2014, 06:43 AM   #16
GeneralLee
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thank you to everyone for trying to help me I really appreciate it. I am off to work I can try some more trouble shooting around lunch.

I do want to add when I press the gas pedal down I do hear a faint click coming from underneath the cart is that the MCOR?
Old 07-29-2014, 02:44 PM   #17
jroeiii
Getting Wild
Club Car

From the testing above, the batteries check out OK.
And the series voltage is OK also.

In the picture you posted - what are the smaller wires attached to battery #4 running to?

One is connected to 48v - battery #4 positive which Is OK

Is the other one that is RED - battery #4 negative -- that supposed to be connected to GROUND? If so I am not sure that is how I would have it connected...the red color is misleading and true ground is from Battery #1 negative. Anyone else think this seems odd?
jroeiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 03:28 PM   #18
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
while pushing it into the garage I noticed the roll away beeps and braking still works.
Quote:
I know I put it in TOW to push it into the garage and park it
If you had it in tow you wouldn't have heard the roll away beeps.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 03:33 PM   #19
GeneralLee
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

On Battery #4 the previous owner had the HID Headlight wires both red, one has a small piece of black tape every foot. The one with black tape on it is connected to the negative of battery #4.
Old 07-29-2014, 03:35 PM   #20
GeneralLee
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjance View Post
If you had it in tow you wouldn't have heard the roll away beeps.
I must have had it in RUN then sorry I have been trying to remember and put as much info in this thread as possible. My mistake.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car