lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-06-2014, 09:09 PM   #11
blw2
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: where is my charge controller comupter?

Thank you very much for your help, CCFanatic. I think that manual you posted will prove quite usefull.
blw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-06-2014, 09:47 PM   #12
crash test dummy

quick way to tell if its the cart or charger is a OBC by-pass
DO AT YOUR OWN RISK.…do not attempt unless you are familiar with electricity and electronics!
There are two ways to force the charger to turn on regardless of the OBC.

The first method is to disconnect the cart’s gray wire at the fuse near the charger receptacle. Then using a jumper wire, connect the receptacle side of the fused connector to the cart’s negative battery terminal. This will energize the charger’s 48V relay. If the charger doesn’t come on, it could be bad connections, wiring or charger relay.

The second method is to open the charger and remove the 120V wires from the relay and jump these together. This totally bypasses the relay and the OBC wire.

(If charger comes on but the charger ammeter shows 0 amps, check the fuse at the charging receptacle under the clear plastic cover.)

Both of these methods should both be temporary measures for troubleshooting, or as an emergency method of charging the batteries when they have been discharged so far that the OBC will not charge them.

The OBC provides the optimum method of charging the cart’s batteries. If the OBC is bad, it should be replaced
Old 08-07-2014, 12:52 AM   #13
Remus Redbone
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Verify you have good AC to the charger. I plugged my charger into the cart the other day and as I was walking away, I heard a relay click, but no hum from the charger. I turned around and saw the amp meter was still on zero. I started troubleshooting and found that the charger wasn't fully plugged in to the AC outlet. I was the person that pulled on the cord when moving some items in my shop. Apparently, the battery voltage operates a relay in the charger, but nothing more happens if there's no AC to the charger!
Remus Redbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 01:10 PM   #14
blw2
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Well i finally had a chance to get back on this project.
Don't I feel like an idiot.
I was so used to my old batteries that would cycle a charge every time I plugged her in, that I didn't think..... I thought i had read that if the charger was unplugged form the cart and plugged back in, that it would initiate a maintenance charge even if it wasn't needed....

Well, got to thinking, and I have driven the cart a little, and it has sat for some time.... but the batteries were still basically fully charged. So I drover her around the neighborhood. Let her rest a few minutes and plugged it up.... wouldn't you know it, the charger cycled up just like it's supposed to......

Well, at least I'm learning!
blw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car